FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Searching in a Treeview

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzmyers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Searching in a Treeview Reply with quote

I am trying to roll through each node of a Treeview starting from the top level and compare the contents of the node for a search function. However, I have not figured out a simple way to roll through all of the nodes to access the text field to do the comparison. I can go through the top level nodes but I have no way to access the children of those nodes except as a TreeNodeCollection which does not seem to give me access to the the actual TreeNodes which are contained within (they are in variable called _nodes which is private to the module).

I get the idea that I am overlooking something really dumb here, but I can't for the life of me see what it is.

I will admit that I am not a big Windows programmer having done most of my development in Linux and I am not really well up on all the nuances of the Win32 API which is underlying DFL.

If someone can point me in the right direction on this, I will be very grateful.

Steve
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: Searching in a Treeview Reply with quote

TreeView's nodes property gives you a TreeNodeCollection, which has indexing to get the TreeNode`s; and TreeNode has a nodes property of TreeNodeCollection for its sub-nodes, and so on. For example: mytreeview.nodes[x].nodes[y].etc down the tree. TreeNodeCollection has indexing, length property, etc like other collections in DFL.
zzmyers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew I was overlooking something simple! Embarassed

Thanks so much Chris. By the way, love DFL -- it has made Windows development sooo much easier.

Steve
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about it, I know the documentation needs much work. The examples help a lot but don't cover everything. bmeck and I have been adding to the documentation a bit more lately, including some examples. Hopefully we can get some minimal done soon enough. Any help is appreciated!
-Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: