FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COM Programming Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzmyers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: COM Programming Problems Reply with quote

I am trying to use Juno to access a custom OCX provided by a hardware manufacturer. Their test program in C# works just fine while my program in D and Juno fails when I try to initiate EventProvider with the error "Could not Advise() the event interface 'this._ITrackerEvents'". My code is basically a copy of the events.d sample code simply substituting the templates, classes and types for my OCX. I used tlbimpd to generate all this data.

In digging into what was causing the error to be thrown, what I am getting as a return code from 'connectionPoint_.Advise(this, cookie_)' in EventProvider
is 0x80040201 (EVENT_E_ALL_SUBSCRIBERS_FAILED). I'll be damned if I know why this would be and I have done some serious Googling and testing to find out why. I am stuck.

Of course it might be something dumb as I have never done COM programming before, though the concept seems fairly simple and the examples are very straight forward.

Anyone with any idea which way I should go from here?

Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Juno All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: