FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

auto-complete implementation idea - need feedback

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rakan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: auto-complete implementation idea - need feedback Reply with quote

Hello
As you might have noticed, i am implementing a text-editor using DWT called IntelliD.

I have an idea about implementing auto-complete and need professional feedback about it.
As i am not experienced with writing a full-front-end parser, i got this idea about implementing auto-complete for object oriented features as follows:

a folder called Editor will be the parent directory,
/Editor
-- /D which will be a directory for D language, i am planning to support other langs as well
---- /tango
/phobos
/dwt
/gtkD
...etc

each sub folder in parent "D" folder will contain a set of files related to the library involved. These files will represent a class in related library folder that will contain defintions of methods and properties available in that class.
example
/Editor/D/DWT/Button.d
will contain all methods and properties available in DWT's button class in this format

void setText(char[] text)

my editor will parse that and provide it in the list of Intellisense or auto-complete functionality in addition to using it in providing call-tips which will show a small label when calling that function providing information about the parameters, names, types ...etc

What do you think?

Thanks,
Rakan
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: