FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tango?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyborg16

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: tango? Reply with quote

Have you got any plans regarding whether or not to switch to tango?

I imagine it'd be a bit of work to switch, but I think tango works well enough on dmd at least. I just gave up on using the amd64 version of gdc since it has several problems with tango and switched to dmd, but I think the problems are specific to the 64-bit version of gdc. (So I'd imagine tango's stable enough to use now, so long as you don't need 64-bit binaries yet.)

Just had an idea; I'll see if yage will work with tangobos.

I'm now using tango. I was thinking of trying to merge my code with yage at some stage... but I'll probably discuss that later when I'm more ready to do so. Just currently thinking that may be difficult with some code using tango and some using phobos so wondering if you have any plans to switch anyway.
Cyborg16

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, just seen this post: http://dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2651

Any luck so far?
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I've hardly had any time to work on Yage in months, and that probably won't change for at least several more. I love Yage, it's by far my favorite of any of my projects, but due to some recent hardship I haven't had time for any projects or hobbies.

Several months ago, after I made that post you referenced, I'd decided to wait for tango to mature a little bit and then decide. So whenever I do get back to Yage, I'll evaluate tango and make a decision then.
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to look at arc's XML and sound code that was switched to tango, since I basically borrowed them from you and modified them for my own purposes.
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone curious, I'll take another good look at Tango and probably move to it when D2 becomes stable and Tango supports it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Yage All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: