FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fixed for 0.101

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: fixed for 0.101 Reply with quote

In net.BurtonRadons.digc.program and net.BurtonRadons.dig.platform.base it was necessary to change "va_list" to "std.c.stdio.va_list" for unDig to compile. Other than that, everything remains the same.
jcc7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seemed like everything did compile for me (though it's always hard to be sure). That's good. But I found runtime errors galore (just like I did last week).

Are the examples working for you? They still seem broken to me.
    halhello.exe: goes haywire and fills the screen
    dedit.exe: throws an exception before it even runs
    cartoon.exe: didn't crash, but didn't draw the graphic
    scintilla.exe: window appeared but complained about "Couldn't read scintilla.d doh.scintilla.d: file not found"
    dcalc.exe: still missing an Edit control (as it did when I added it to the repository in my last commit)
I'm not griping. I'm just curious if you're getting similar results or if something on my computer is seriously messed up.
Carlos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcc7 wrote:
It seemed like everything did compile for me (though it's always hard to be sure). That's good. But I found runtime errors galore (just like I did last week).

Are the examples working for you? They still seem broken to me.
    halhello.exe: goes haywire and fills the screen
    dedit.exe: throws an exception before it even runs
    cartoon.exe: didn't crash, but didn't draw the graphic
    scintilla.exe: window appeared but complained about "Couldn't read scintilla.d doh.scintilla.d: file not found"
    dcalc.exe: still missing an Edit control (as it did when I added it to the repository in my last commit)
I'm not griping. I'm just curious if you're getting similar results or if something on my computer is seriously messed up.

halhello: `Error: CanvasGL.beginPaint (wglMakeCurrent): Controlador no vßlido.` (not valid controller)

dedit: `absoluteFilename ('../../c', '/a/b/c/d') != '/a/b/c', but rather ''
absoluteFilename ('./q/r', 'p') != 'p/q/r', but rather ''
Error: invalid UTF-8 sequence`

cartoon: runs but doesn't show the cartoon (ironic)

scintilla: same as you

dcalc: same as you
jcc7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlos wrote:
halhello: `Error: CanvasGL.beginPaint (wglMakeCurrent): Controlador no vßlido.` (not valid controller)

dedit: `absoluteFilename ('../../c', '/a/b/c/d') != '/a/b/c', but rather ''
absoluteFilename ('./q/r', 'p') != 'p/q/r', but rather ''
Error: invalid UTF-8 sequence`

cartoon: runs but doesn't show the cartoon (ironic)

scintilla: same as you

dcalc: same as you
Okay, so it's not just me. Sad

I didn't notice the "invalid UTF-8 sequence" part of the dedit error before. That might be the easiest one to fix, but I don't have time to look at it tonight.
jcc7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have just had a eureka moment. (I'm crossing my fingers.) We may need to rename some identifiers called "length". I found one in dedit.document. There may be more. Unless someone else is anxious to try these changes, I'll look into this tonight when I'm not so sleepy. Smile
jcc7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcc7 wrote:
I may have just had a eureka moment. (I'm crossing my fingers.) We may need to rename some identifiers called "length". I found one in dedit.document. There may be more.
There were quite a few identifiers called "length". I renamed all of them unless they were class members.

SVN commit wrote:
Renamed "length" identifiers to "leng" to avoid problems with latest versions of DMD. I think everything still compiles, but the examples still seem to have all of the runtime errors.

Surely these changes helped, but I couldn't detect much difference in the runtime errors of the examples. Running DEdit doesn't print anything in the console window, but there is an "Exception!" message box the appears instead of an application window ("There has been an exception of type Exception: Access Violation").
Carlos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcc7 wrote:
Surely these changes helped, but I couldn't detect much difference in the runtime errors of the examples. Running DEdit doesn't print anything in the console window, but there is an "Exception!" message box the appears instead of an application window ("There has been an exception of type Exception: Access Violation").

DEdit ran for me. It didn't show anything, but it ran. Maybe that's not so clear... the scintilla control wasn't displayed. Oh, and the whole screen was constantly redrawn. But it ran.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> unDig All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: