FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ticket 129 is not completely fixed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Ticket 129 is not completely fixed Reply with quote

Changeset 1274 says that ticket #129 is fixed but the only thing that is fixed is that descent doesn't autocomplete anymore in slices when using numbers. I still have problems with number 1 and 2 with variadic functions, slices are fixed using numbers.

I think most of the problems can be fixed if "." doesn't inserts the current item in the list of autocompletions, return/enter is for that, that's how it works for java. For example:
Code:
module main;
class A
{
   void foo ()
   {

}
}

void main ()
{
   auto a = new A;
   a.|
}

In the above code (| is where the cursor is) shows the list of autocompletions as it should but when I press "." again it inserts "foo()" like this:
Code:
module main;

class A
{
   void foo ()
   {

}
}

void main ()
{
   auto a = new A;
   a.foo().|
}

In java it just inserts another ".", not "foo()".

And for number 1.
The cursor only moves down one line when there are code below the line I'm typing on. Example:
Code:
module main;

import tango|

class A
{
}

In the above code (| is where the cursor is) everything works as it should and shows the list of autocompletions when I press ".".
Code:
module main;

import tango.core|

class A
{
}

In the above code when I press "." it will then look like this:
Code:
module main;

import tango.core.

clas|s A
{
}

The cursor has now moved down to the next line of code.

descent 0.5.3.20081019
asterite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Ticket 129 is not completely fixed Reply with quote

Hi doob,

I'll reply between lines.

doob wrote:
Changeset 1274 says that ticket #129 is fixed but the only thing that is fixed is that descent doesn't autocomplete anymore in slices when using numbers. I still have problems with number 1 and 2 with variadic functions, slices are fixed using numbers.

Now for variadic functions you won't get autocompletion (that is, if you write ".." or "..."). If you write "." after a type name, you'll get autocompletion fot that type.

doob wrote:

I think most of the problems can be fixed if "." doesn't inserts the current item in the list of autocompletions, return/enter is for that, that's how it works for java. For example:
Code:
module main;
class A
{
   void foo ()
   {

}
}

void main ()
{
   auto a = new A;
   a.|
}

In the above code (| is where the cursor is) shows the list of autocompletions as it should but when I press "." again it inserts "foo()" like this:
Code:
module main;

class A
{
   void foo ()
   {

}
}

void main ()
{
   auto a = new A;
   a.foo().|
}

In java it just inserts another ".", not "foo()".

I've just tested exactly that in Java (well, JDT), and it adds "foo().", as in Descent. It does insert the autocompletion. And if foo() returns something, say another A, instead of void, it shows again proposals for A.

Quote:
And for number 1.
The cursor only moves down one line when there are code below the line

Great! That's why I wasn't able to reproduce it, I didn't have code below.

I've uploaded a new nightly build. Please, if evertyhing works ok, I'll make a new release (without announce or anything), it's just that I don't like to redirect users to the "nighty build" page when Eclipse already has a mechanism for updates. Also this release will be pretty stable and fast, I think (compared to the previous one)...

So please tell me! Smile
doob

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Ticket 129 is not completely fixed Reply with quote

asterite wrote:
I've just tested exactly that in Java (well, JDT), and it adds "foo().", as in Descent. It does insert the autocompletion. And if foo() returns something, say another A, instead of void, it shows again proposals for A.

You're right, this time when I tested it did insert the autocompletion. But I tried a little more and found out that it doesn't insert the autocompletion if the method takes an argument. This is not so much of an issue in Java, inserting with ".", because you never type more then one "." at the time. I think you should not be able to insert with ".", I mean there are Space and Return also, perhaps an option Smile .

Code:
str = str[3.|

The above code still shows the list of autocompletions but it would be fine if "." didn't insert the autocompletion.

The rest works.
Thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: