FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want some help?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
revcompgeek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Want some help? Reply with quote

I have wanted to make a game engine also, but instead of trying to start from scratch, I think it would be more productive to help with some other project. Of all the game engine projects for D, this one looks the most promising. I would love to contribute to this project in any way I can. I see that you are currently working on GUI, and I could help with that or I could move onto something else. I noticed you have Mac support at the end of the Roadmap, and I primarily use Mac, so I could try to help with that. What do you say?
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great!

I have some specific plans for the Surface class that will be the base class of all GUI elements, but after that's finished I could use some help implementing other types of widgets, such as progress bars, combo boxes, trees, etc.

I also have no problem with Mac support being added to Yage at any point. The only reason I put it at the end is because I don't own a Mac.

Yage desperately needs Collada support. Right now it only supports Milkshape3D models (with buggy skeletal animation) and partially supports .obj. Since Collada supports so many features and is becoming a default format for 3d models, I think it would be good to replace Yage's existing model/material/shader classes to mirror those of Collada's and make Collada the default model format for Yage.

I also have this list of soon-todos if you're interested.

Of everything here, just let me know what interests you (or suggest something else).

Finally would you be willing to either release your code contributions under the public domain, or a liberal open-source license such as BSD, MIT, zlib/png, etc? I'm trying to keep things simple in case there's ever a need to change Yage's license. Thanks again.
revcompgeek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you finish Surface, I think I would like to work on the GUI. In the mean time, I will look at COLLADA and see what would need to be done to Yage.

I would be happy to release my code contributions under any license you want as long as my name gets mentioned as one of the contributors to the project.

Thanks for letting me help! Very Happy
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome.

I gave you access to svn. I have no problem giving credit where credit is due, so freel free to add your name to the Author section of code files you write or modify. I'll put an announcement on the homepage (if you want) and start a wiki page for contributors when I get a chance. I must warn that I've been kind of busy lately and have only had time to work on yage a few hours a week, but that *might* change for the better in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Yage All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: