FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project still alive?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Project still alive? Reply with quote

Hi,
is this project still alive? I am trying to build the library under
ddl with dmd1.033 and tango0.99.7. There are some minor
fixes to do like changing "import mango." to "import.tango." and fixing the location of FileConduit. With that I can compile everything except
the "elf" and "coff" subdir. Currently I do not care about elf, but as far as I understand, I need this for linking in libs. Is anyone working on this?

Tom
h3r3tic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still being maintained, although not very thoroughly. First thing you should do is checkout the SVN version - the zip bundle is way outdated. I don't know when (or if) pragma wishes to return to the project, but I'm using it in some of my stuff. I'm maintaining my own branch of DDL at http://team0xf.com:1024/ext/ ... / ddl, as well as a custom linker ( http://team0xf.com:1024/linker/ ) with some rather neato features, like on-demand compilation and easy lib unloading. I'm planning to release a small article with the basics of the linker (and DDL) to coincide with the release of a video from my talk at the Tango Conference. I'm not yet sure when we'll be able to release the vid, whether it will be a week or two, but I could get you an alpha/beta version of the article.
While pragma is certainly alive, I believe he's being dead busy at work, so he probably can't promise anything regarding DDL. I hope that when he returns, we can merge the best of the two branches together and let DDL be what it should - a "killer app" for D Smile
tomD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I forgot to mention: It was the SVN version I used.
I'll have a look at your branch, although after a first glance at
coff/COFFBinary.d it looks like the same dirty commit as on dsource,
and lots of std.string and such.

Am I looking at the wrong place?

Anyway, this time I got further than the last time I tried it Smile

Tom
h3r3tic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, I see what you mean now. Building the lib may not be the best idea, since there's some stuff that doesn't compile with any recent Tango and uses Phobos / Mango. I guess it should be commented out everywhere... But I haven't really noticed the problem as I always just give the path to DDL to Rebuild using -I and don't use any static lib for it. It doesn't give me errors then...
tomD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I figured I do not need them anyway Smile

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DDL - D Dynamic Libraries All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: