FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wow.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhasenan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Wow. Reply with quote

I just updated from a nightly build dated 23 July to the most recent one.

Wow. The error highlighting has improved dramatically -- I went from having every source file being marked bad to only one or two.

Thank you.
asterite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dhasenan,

Thanks for the feedback. You know, this kind of feedback really motivates me towards making Descent more accurate, robust and stable. Now that D1 has settled and it isn't changing a lot, I think that's possible with time and patience. Smile

By the way, I just uploaded a new nightly build which might have fixed some of those errors. For instance, in Tango I only have 9 errors, and in ddbi only 2. But to fix each of them is really time consuming... unfortunately...
ElfQT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: wow indeed Reply with quote

I don't know if this is the thank you thread, but: wow indeed. Great work.
hduregger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it really gets better and better. Thanks!

I did a bit of Eclipse Plugin work before based on existing plugins and I know how frustrating it can be to try to extend the existing code base for your own needs. So, mucho respect, and keep them Descent versions coming! Very Happy
debio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree. I just updated and went from having random errors about the module statements at the top of my file including unicode escape sequences and the word "CLOSE" to near perfect semantic checks.
The only thing that's still wierd is that when I put "new ArraySeq!(SomeType)();", Descent seems to think the class is both abstract and final.

Descent has become my tool of choice for D development, and it seems to get better every time I turn around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: