FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Refactoring?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deadimp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Refactoring? Reply with quote

Does Descent have any support for code refactoring?

If not, doesn't the JDT already have refactoring support which can be modified / extended for use with D?
I'm just wondering because that's one feature that I loved about Visual Studio (and had never really used before until that).

Thanks for such a great plugin!

Environment: Ubuntu 8.04.1, Eclipse v3.3.1.1, Descent nightly build 20081026

Beginning D; Basic experience in PHP, C++, Java, C#, MySQL, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, VB
asterite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi deadimp,

Descent doesn't support refactoring a la JDT. JDT is a project build on top of Eclipse which doesn't allow one to reuse many of it's features. Basically what we did in Eclipse is to take JDT's source code and adapt it to Descent, commenting the big, hard stuff and replacing some bits with D things (i.e., the parser, the model, etc.).

To implement refactoring I'll first have to implement smart search functionality, because refactoring depends on that. And even with that, I think refactoring will never be as accurate as JDT's because of D's templates and conditional compilation.

Thanks for the feedback!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: