FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updates to DerelictOGG & DerelictVorbis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Updates to DerelictOGG & DerelictVorbis Reply with quote

I've gone through and updated the function pointer declarations in DerelictOGG and DerelictVorbis to use the space-saving no-typedef form. Also, I've added several missing functions.

In DerelictVorbis, I've also added a new module -- vorbisenc.d. The functions had been mistakenly copied into vorbistypes.d from the C header, but never properly prototyped. Now, you can load the vorbisenc library via DerelictVorbisEnc.load to use those functions.

Finally, I also removed vorbistypes.d and merged all of its contents into the other vorbis modules in order to mirror the C headers and make future updates easier.

Because of these major changes, something may be broken now. I've verified that everything compiles properly, but have yet to make a runtime test. As usual, if anyone finds any problems, please let me know.
mike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep getting this error

derelict.util.exception.SharedLibProcLoadException: Failed to load proc vorbis_i
nfo_blocksize from shared library vorbis.dll

Process returned 1 (0x1) execution time : 0.078 s
Press any key to continue.
aldacron

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike wrote:
derelict.util.exception.SharedLibProcLoadException: Failed to load proc vorbis_info_blocksize from shared library vorbis.dll

vorbis_info_blocksize is definitely part of the libvorbis interface. Perhaps you are using an older version of libvorbis?

Regardless, as long as you don't need that function you can cause the loader to avoid throwing an exception when it fails to load by using Derelict's selective loading mechanism. See the docs for details.
mike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks. I did check the documentation I just can't seem to find the correct dll version.

Is there any sites that provide the dll. I know SDL does but i can't seem to find any links for the newest build of the vorbis dll. Do i have to build it myself?
aldacron

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike wrote:
Ok thanks. I did check the documentation I just can't seem to find the correct dll version.

Is there any sites that provide the dll. I know SDL does but i can't seem to find any links for the newest build of the vorbis dll. Do i have to build it myself?

It's not that difficult to build if you have a Visual Studio version (including the Express Edition) installed. You just may need to tweak the directory settings a bit. But I've posted a zip file that contains both libogg.dll and libvorbis.dll. I've tested them and they load fine here. Download the zip and you'll be good to go. It was built using the standard release configuration. If you need the debug versions, or SSE/SSE2-enabled versions, you'll need to download the source files and build it yourself with VC++.
mike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks!

I use to have express but i lost it when i had to reformat my hdd. Ill have to redownload it for future use.

Thanks for uploading them. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: