FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to add Standard Libraries for Name Completion &c.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoelCSalomon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: How to add Standard Libraries for Name Completion &c. Reply with quote

I assume the "correct" method is to add a User Library, name it Phobos, and point it to the phobos source directory (e.g., C:\Hacking\D\dmd\src\phobos). Is that right? I ask because I still have to add phobos to every project that uses it, rather than have this be automatic.

What about libraries installed with DSSS? I have it installed to C:\Hacking\D\dsss---can I add one directory to Descent and catch everything?
doob

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoelCSalomon wrote:
I assume the "correct" method is to add a User Library, name it Phobos, and point it to the phobos source directory (e.g., C:\Hacking\D\dmd\src\phobos). Is that right? I ask because I still have to add phobos to every project that uses it, rather than have this be automatic.

Yes you have to add it to every project.

JoelCSalomon wrote:
What about libraries installed with DSSS? I have it installed to C:\Hacking\D\dsss---can I add one directory to Descent and catch everything?

Yes, add the C:\Hacking\D\dsss\include\d path in a new User Library and include that in every project where you need it.
3-S-E

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoelCSalomon wrote:

Yes, add the C:\Hacking\D\dsss\include\d path in a new User Library and include that in every project where you need it.[/quote]

But to add "...\include\d" bloats the ProjectExplorer-View up when having a lot of libraries installed in DSSS. It's very unfortunate to browse a needed module by searching through all the other !unneeded! packages.

E.g.: Using the Monster-scripting language you have to import "monster.monster". DSSS is happy with this. Descent whereas complains not to find this module when having only "...\include\d\monster" included. because now "monster.di" is in a default.package and not in "monster"-package anymore.

Isn't there another possibility to including libraries? E.g. including a lib-path and telling descent witch folder has to be the topmost package!
doob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no current solution for the project explorer view but if it helps you can limit the packages in the autocompletion list by either specifying in the preferences that only imported symbols should be in the auto autocompletion list or you can enter specific packages that should not be included.

You can also report a ticket enhancement for this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: