FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new to ddbi - quick question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolftousen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: new to ddbi - quick question Reply with quote

Ok, used dsss net install ddbi and it went fine (except it kept asking me for a file name and I had no clue what to give it so skipped all that...)

I have my program running, i'm just wondering if there is a simpler way to get the data out of result.

Here is all my dbi code:

Code:
//create and connect to my database
//username and password are defined as char[] elsewhere
auto result = db.query("select status from accounts where username='" ~ username ~ "' and password='" ~ password ~ "';");
//this is where i would like something simplier to type and easier to read
status = toInt(result.rows.next.stringAt(0));

This is what I want, but when I do this it fails to give me the proper value:
Code:

//create and connect to my database
//username and password are defined as char[] elsewhere
auto result = db.query("select * from accounts where username='" ~ username ~ "' and password='" ~ password ~ "';");
status = toInt(result.rows.next.stringAt("status"));

Anyone have any insight?

Btw, having Docs and a small tutorial for each database type that covers both querying and fetching would be very helpful.

And, i haven't used MySQL in PHP in a while, but i seem to remember the query giving a result and then result had a fetch function which gave you a char[][], this would be very nice here...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DDBI All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: