FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
debio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I've taken over this project after the old developer vanished. His code is still here in a branch, but I'm starting from scratch because he used a GUI framework that make the client usable only on linux (maybe in Cygwin on Windows).

Last edited by debio on Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
debio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made my first real commit today, so far so good.
The reason my work is going to slowly is that I'm having to develop on a linux laptop with 512 MB of RAM (512 MB RAM + Eclipse (with Descent) = epic swap usage). My desktop that I would use for coding runs 64 bit Arch Linux, and I can't build GDC because it won't build against the latest GCC, and I can't use DMD because there's no 64 bit linux binary (when I last checked).
I'm working on getting everything up and running using LDC, and I'm currently working on getting DSSS to build. From there, I get to build DWT, then I'm all set. Things will speed up quite noticeably once I can work on a decent computer.
debio

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Another Update Reply with quote

Okay, I haven't forgotten about this project, but I got more than a little frustrated when DWT didn't work like I wanted it too. Fortunately, I'm really thinking that I don't want or need the framework I was working on, and that I'd much rather just get more implemented server side and get a basic text client working.
I still aim for a DWT client, but I'm going to get the server up to scratch first. It'll probably be a few days before I can get working on this again because I'm in the middle of a major project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DLanChat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: