FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Console Ouput

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nazarel

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Problem with Console Ouput Reply with quote

I've installed eclipse c/c++ version for linux, running on Ubuntu 9.04. I've installed the descent plugin. I've followed all the instructions for installing, compiling, and running programs from the Dsource Descent main page. I wrote a simple program, and it compile and runs under descent - but the problem is that the executable created (when I right click and choose Run As > D Application) does not output anything.

Here is the code for the program:

Code:
module MyModule;

version (Tango)
import tango.io.Stdout;

void main()
{
   version (Tango)
   Stdout("Hello World!");
}

The code does not run unless I use "version(Tango)". I do have the Tango source code linked in the include path for the project. What am I missing?
asterite

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:

Code:
Stdout("Hello World!").flush;
nazarel

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Didn't work Reply with quote

I added .flush to the source code, but it didn't work. Still no console output. Thanks for the help, though.
asterite

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But executing the program from the console does show the output?
nazarel

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: Not sure Reply with quote

How do I execute the program from the console? I execute the program by selecting the generated executable - main - by right clicking on it and selecting Run As > D Application

When I leave off "version(Tango)" before the statement with Stdout, the compiler generates the errors:

Code:
/home/chris/d/eclipse/workspace/TestD/MyModule.d:8: Error: undefined identifier Stdout
/home/chris/d/eclipse/workspace/TestD/MyModule.d:8: Error: function expected before (), not Stdout of type int
/home/chris/d/eclipse/workspace/TestD/MyModule.d:8: Error: no property 'flush' for type 'int'
/home/chris/d/eclipse/workspace/TestD/MyModule.d:8: Error: long has no effect in expression (1)

When I leave off the "version(Tango)" before the import statement: import tango.io.Stdout - it generates this error:

Code:
/home/chris/d/eclipse/workspace/TestD/MyModule.d(3): module Stdout cannot read file 'tango/io/Stdout.d'

Is it a linking issue?
doob

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems your compiler is not installed correctly. How did you install it? Always make sure it works outside descent/eclipse before trying with descent.
nazarel

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Works fine now Reply with quote

I installed the GDC from the command line (sudo apt-get), and then installed DMD from a download from the Digital Mars website.

I read your post and then installed tango for DMD on Linux and it works now both on the command line and in Eclipse / Descent. I thought I could just link in the tango source I downloaded, but I never installed it - until now. I linked in the DMD compiler through the External Tools in Eclipse and it runs like a dream.

Thanks for the help all! Everything is working great. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: