FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it supposed to build libs not dlls?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage Rat

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Is it supposed to build libs not dlls? Reply with quote

From the documentation, source, and an old version of Derelict I had, I believe that Derelict is meant, after all compiled, to consist of a bunch of DLLs and maybe one or several libs that allow me to load them.

Trying both "dmd -run buildme.d" and "dsss build", it seems to only output lib files in the lib folder, and connecting those to my application, I just get a null pointer error or something when I run.

Help?
doob

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The derelict libraries work like bindings and a loader for other dynamic libraries, like OpenGL and SDL. When building derelict it will only output static libraries.
aldacron

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DLLs you need are from C libraries. So if you want to use, for example, SDL, then you need to go to libsdl.org and download the SDL DLLs from there. Compiling and linking with DerelictUtil and DerelictSDL will then allow you to use that DLL from D. Generally, the DLLs should be placed in the same directory as your executable. Unless it's a system DLL, like OpenGL.
Sage Rat

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... Thank you, I'll fish those all up then.

Possibly that should be added to the project page under Getting Started?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: