FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introduce Yourself...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Introduce Yourself... Reply with quote

This is for any new users to introduce yourself, and say why you are using ArcLib, if you feel inclined.

[edit]

I'm Clay Smith, started a with D a couple of years ago. For my first project, I had to write bindings for libraries manually, until derelict came along. Started out with ClayTek 3D, had a basic editor going. However, 3d games are a little too time consuming for 1 person so I moved into the 2d scene.

ArcLib is just a collection of technologies that I program for myself for my games as I need them, and is open sourced if others find them useful.

I'm also very close to finishing school. I think I might try to create some little games, soon. Thinking of creating my own website perhaps, but dsource gets the job done pretty well.

Last edited by clayasaurus on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
zzzzrrr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduce Yourself... Reply with quote

clayasaurus wrote:
This is for any new users to introduce yourself, and say why you are using ArcLib, if you feel inclined.

Hi, I'm Zzzzrrr.

ArcLib rocks!

(and Blaze too)
deadimp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm deadimp, and I plan on using ArcLib to write a MegaMan X fan game.

I've written a few MegaMan X 'engines' a while back, two in Game Maker, one in C++ (with my own game engine...), but they never got too far. Hopefully now, with a little more programming experience, I can make something robust, a little more easily maintainable and manageable, so that I can actually finish it!

Beginning D; Basic experience in PHP, C++, Java, C#, MySQL, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, VB
rbb459

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: rbb459 - new ArcLib programmer Reply with quote

I'm an old-time C/C++ programmer interested in employing ArcLib to develop games as a hobby. It seems to me that D/Tango/ArcLib is truly a killer combination for quickly producing decent games.

I'm also interested in contributing to the development of ArcLib itself if this is allowed. Is the development community open or closed?
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbb459, the development community is very open, and contributing is very much encouraged.
SirAlaran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Brian and I'm here for two reasons:
1) D is amazing
2) Arclib seems like it will take a lot of work out of game programming

My eventual plan is to create a game that is sort of a cross between Megaman X and Super Metroid. I plan on doing the art work myself in Blender and then rendering the models to 2d sprites. (Current version of the player character)

At the moment I'm focusing on the art and map editor for the game while waiting for an updated 64-bit D compiler.
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merkoth in a previous thread says: I'll just say that the name's Ivan aka Merkoth and that I'm just starting with D / Tango / ArcLib.
joelcnz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Joel,
I'm a New Zealander. I started computer programming when I was 9, (I'm 30 as I write this post). I programmed on Amstrad BASIC 1.1. On the PC I programmed in QBASIC, then C, some C++.

Now I've programmed D for years now, and have been using the DAllegro library, but I want to learn Arc, DAllegro isn't object oriented, (and has slow graphics, I think Arc is faster).

I've also programmed C# and Java in for University, (which I'm still at, at the moment any way).

With all that programming, I still can't seem to program very well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> ArcLib All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: