FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem accessing Mango svn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HelmutLeitner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Problem accessing Mango svn Reply with quote

Currently it seems impossible to access the mango svn directory. Is there a technical problem or must ther be something wrong with my browser and (Windows) svn command line client?

--
Helmut
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens every once in a while. Give me a bit and I'll see if I can restore it.

Thanks,
Brad
HelmutLeitner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I think I've caused the problem because I CTRL-C-aborted the lengthy svn checkout (from the windows command line) because I first wanted to see how the directory structure was created. Afterwards I wasn't able to contact the server again to repeat the co at the final location.

Maybe the problem could be reproduced and reported. The svn server software shouldn't react that sensitive.

--
Helmut
toaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelmutLeitner wrote:

Maybe the problem could be reproduced and reported. The svn server software shouldn't react that sensitive.

If your suspicion is correct, you shouldn't call it sensivity... - destroying a server program from the client via CTRL-C is just a plain bug.
jcc7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HelmutLeitner wrote:
I'm sorry, I think I've caused the problem because I CTRL-C-aborted the lengthy svn checkout (from the windows command line) because I first wanted to see how the directory structure was created.
You might just look at http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/mango/ in a web browser, now that Brad got it working again.

HelmutLeitner wrote:
If that's what caused it, I'd call that a bug. It may have been corrupted before you stopped it with CTRL-C, though (which would probably be a bug, too, but harder to find). Could you tell that it was working before you stopped it?
HelmutLeitner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, definitely. It was busy copying files when I CTRL-C-aborted it.

BTW it didn't stop the server itself, I was still able to access other svn directories (projects), but the commandline interface to mango and the web interface to the mango directory reported both reported the same error.

What is necessary to remove the error?

Shall I try to reproduce it?

--
Helmut
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's run a few days without the Ctrl-C's and organize a test when I'm less busy at work. Also, I'll make sure there's a good backup, i.e. better than the one I had for yesterday.

I was able to restore the Repos from a local copy of Revision 735 on my laptop. However, I couldn't restore the revision history, so that copy that I had went in as Revision 1 in the repaired repository.

Ugh.
BA
HelmutLeitner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a b***s**t!

Ok, send me an e-mail, when you are ready.

--
Helmut
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Mango All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: