FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

code assist won't work on a fresh install

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lanis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: code assist won't work on a fresh install Reply with quote

Hello. I've recently decided to install Descent on the hopes of having a code assist-enable IDE for D.

I'm running Win XP SP3, dmd 1.x with tango, a fresh install of Eclipse for C/C++ and Descent, following the instructions from http://dsource.org/projects/descent/. All libraries and projects configured, etc.

Various hours passed, many internet searches and reinstalls later, Ctrl+Space will give me a "No Default Proposals", and I receive a "The import object cannot be resolved" in line 0 for every module I have in my project after I have it re-analysed.

I'd welcome some help in solving this.
asterite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After adding tango as a user library you must add it to the project's build path. Right click on the project -> properties. Go to D Build Path and there add the user library or the include path to tango/phobos. Hope that helps.
Lanis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already had done it to no avail.

Yet somehow, I've been able to fix it by making a copy of /import/object.di to the tango subdirectory and add the import dir instead of tango dir, and another directory othe than import to add my other libraries.

Maybe that's the way I should have done from the start, but Descent freshly installed shouldn't need this kind of hack to work with tango+dmd.

Ah well, it's solved at least.
asterite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that just pointing to the "import" directory included in tango should work. Pointing to "tango" doesn't work. You always have to point to the directoty that's the root of the modules hierarchy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: