FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Map editor plans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirAlaran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0.3 is on its way!

I've done what I can to make placing tiles quick and efficient. You can select a tile and fill in a large rectangle on the map, or select a rectangle of tiles from your palette and add them to the map at once. You can even select a rectangle of tiles and have them repeated in a rectangular area on the map.

Parallax background support is now implemented. You can have as many backgrounds as you like, set the fill color of the background, and have the backgrounds scroll at different speeds.

This one took a while, but was well worth the effort. Resizing the map is done with a live preview.

Drawing of solid polygons and circles is implemented, allowing you to export collision detection information along with the map. Here I've made the river impassible.

There is still some polish to be added and bugs to be removed before the actual 0.3 release. It'll be here this month.

I will be releasing D code that uses arclib to display the maps output from this editor when I release the editor itself.

The editor will be released under the GPL version 3, while the arc.tilemap module will be licensed with the zlib/libpng license like the rest of Arc.
SirAlaran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Improvements to the physics tools:

New preferences dialog:

SirAlaran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 0.3 Beta released! I have posted a source archive with a Distutils setup script for Linux and an installer program for Windows. Downloads are available here: http://www.hackerpilot.org/map_editor.php

I have included an example map that uses an excellent Creative Commons tileset from Silveira Neto.

Obligatory screenshot:

SirAlaran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 2 is on its way. The graphics system had a bit of a rewrite and several bugs were fixed. Expect it on Thursday.
SirAlaran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirAlaran wrote:
Beta 2 is on its way. The graphics system had a bit of a rewrite and several bugs were fixed. Expect it on Thursday.

Well, Expect it on a Thursday. I'm going to have Beta 2 coincide with the beta releases of the tilemap, and parallax extensions.
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive, do you have admin access to this project? If not, I'll request it so you can upload the map editor to the svn repo here if you want.

edit: Added you on as developor, tell me if you have enough rights, if not I'll make you an admin.
SirAlaran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clayasaurus wrote:
Very impressive, do you have admin access to this project? If not, I'll request it so you can upload the map editor to the svn repo here if you want.

edit: Added you on as developor, tell me if you have enough rights, if not I'll make you an admin.

Thanks. I'm in the process of unpacking after moving into a new apartment, which is why the updates on this have slowed down. I'll get the next version uploaded to svn in the next few days.
SirAlaran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploaded to svn:

http://dsource.org/projects/arclib/browser/trunk/tools/arctographer
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you run the tool? Which python script is the main one? What needs to be installed?
SirAlaran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clayasaurus wrote:
How do you run the tool? Which python script is the main one? What needs to be installed?

The python script called "arctographer" is the main one. It requires Python 2.6, pyCairo, pyGTK, GTK+, Cairo, and GLib. If you're on Windows you might want to rename it "arctograhper.pyw" and then double-click it to run it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> ArcLib All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: