FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compile error (DMD 1.050/ DFL 0.9.8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
christof

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Compile error (DMD 1.050/ DFL 0.9.8 Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a fresh installation of DMD 1.050 and DFL 0.9.8 on windows, both installed using the installers. Compiling d examples seems to work, however I did not manage to compile any dfl example.

What is wrong?

Thanks, Christof

For example compiling beginner.d looks like this:

> dfl beginner.d -gui
Y

Compiling debug DFL...

C:\D\dmd\import\dfl>C:\D\dmd\windows\bin\dmd -c -debug -g -I.. base.d application.d internal/dlib.d internal/clib.d internal/utf.d internal/com.d control.d form.d registry.d drawing.d menu.d notifyicon.d commondialog.d filedialog.d folderdialog.d panel.d textbox.d richtextbox.d picturebox.d listbox.d groupbox.d splitter.d usercontrol.d button.d label.d collections.d internal/winapi.d internal/wincom.d event.d socket.d timer.d environment.d messagebox.d tooltip.d combobox.d treeview.d tabcontrol.d colordialog.d listview.d data.d clipboard.d fontdialog.d progressbar.d resources.d statusbar.d imagelist.d toolbar.d
control.d(1499): Error: function dfl.drawing.Point.opCall (int,int) does not match parameter types (Point)
control.d(1499): Error: expected 0 arguments, not 1
control.d(3866): Error: function dfl.control.Control.eachGoodChildHandle (HANDLE,bool delegate(HANDLE hw),bool) does not match parameter types (HANDLE,int delegate(HANDLE),bool)
control.d(3867): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (__dgliteral5) of type int delegate(HANDLE) to bool delegate(HANDLE hw)
control.d(3910): Error: function dfl.control.Control.eachGoodChildHandle (HANDLE,bool delegate(HANDLE hw),bool) does not match parameter types (HANDLE,int delegate(HANDLE),bool)
control.d(3911): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (__dgliteral6) of type int delegate(HANDLE) to bool delegate(HANDLE hw)
control.d(4761): Error: Integer constant expression expected instead of null
control.d(5743): Error: function dfl.control.Control.delayInvoke (void function()) does not match parameter types (int function(Control cthis, uint[] params))
control.d(5743): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (__funcliteral7) of type int function(Control cthis, uint[] params) to void function(Control, uint[])
control.d(7485): Error: function dfl.drawing.Rect.opCall (int,int,int,int) does not match parameter types (Rect)
control.d(7485): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (this.clientRectangle()) of type Rect to RECT*

Failed.

Done.
tramker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely something has changed in the DMD.

I did manage to compile DFL-snaphost-20090411 with DMD 1.50, just follow the errors and try to fix them, I don't remeber what exactly, but here I my notes if it helps:

- replace null with 0 in several files
- add opCall with correct parametr at two places
- remove void from return
- change dfl.base.Rect to dfl.drawing.Rect in DFL samples
AutoPython

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my errors (Using DMD 1.51, and DFL 0.98 ).

control.d(5743): Error: function dfl.control.Control.delayInvoke (void
function(
)) does not match parameter types (int function(Control cthis, uint[] params))
control.d(5743): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (__funcliteral7) of
type int function(Control cthis, uint[] params) to void function(Control, uint[
])

Here's line 4761:

SetClassLongA(hwnd, GCL_HCURSOR, cast(LONG)cast(HCURSOR)null);

And line 5743:

delayInvoke(function(Control cthis, size_t[] params){ cthis.cbits &= ~CBits.RECREATING; });

I just started and I'm totally clueless on how to fix these Confused .
jicman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys may want to give the latest DFL Snapshot a try, first

http://wiki.dprogramming.com/Dfl/Snapshots

jic
AutoPython

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT:

Okay, I'm going to start explaining what I'm doing. Because after using 1.030 and the DFL release which supposedly has been tested with 1.30 it still doesn't work. I prefer the .zip installation. 1. I put the dfl executable in the bin directory. 2. I put the dfl_build in the lib directory. 3. I put the import and packages. In the folder that contains the bin, and lib file; And it still doesn't work.
AutoPython

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I switched to DMD 1.030 so I can use DFL. Now when I compile I get this error.

C:\D\dmd130\dmd\import\dfl>C:\D\dmd130\dmd\bin\lib -c -n -p64 dfl_debug.lib C:\D
\dmd130\dmd\lib\gdi32.lib C:\D\dmd130\dmd\lib\comctl32.lib C:\D\dmd130\dmd\lib\a
dvapi32.lib C:\D\dmd130\dmd\lib\comdlg32.lib C:\D\dmd130\dmd\lib\ole32.lib C:\D\
dmd130\dmd\lib\uuid.lib C:\D\dmd130\dmd\lib\ws2_32.lib user32_dfl.lib shell32_df
l.lib olepro32_dfl.lib base.obj application.obj dlib.obj clib.obj utf.obj com.ob
j control.obj form.obj registry.obj drawing.obj menu.obj notifyicon.obj commondi
alog.obj filedialog.obj folderdialog.obj panel.obj textbox.obj richtextbox.obj p
icturebox.obj listbox.obj groupbox.obj splitter.obj usercontrol.obj button.obj l
abel.obj collections.obj winapi.obj wincom.obj event.obj socket.obj timer.obj en
vironment.obj messagebox.obj tooltip.obj combobox.obj treeview.obj tabcontrol.ob
j colordialog.obj listview.obj data.obj clipboard.obj fontdialog.obj progressbar
.obj resources.obj statusbar.obj imagelist.obj toolbar.obj

'C:\D\dmd130\dmd\bin\lib' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I used the makelib batch file in side the import folder.
jicman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I am running dmd 1.046, DFL dfl-20090411.zip which I got from the snapshot, Juno 5.1 and DDBI .62. Everything is working fine. The problem is, perhaps, the path or the libs are not found. What I did was to create a BAT file that prepares all of these for me. Here is what that bat file has:
Code:
set PATH=c:\D\dmd\windows\bin;c:\D\dm\bin;c:\lsbin;%PATH%
set LIB=\dmd\windows\lib;\dm\lib
set LINKCMD=\dm\bin\link
c:
cd C:\source\d
start "Digital Mars D Compiler v1.046" /dC:\source\d

This prepares the environment for me. I also use build or bud to build my code, but I can also use the dfl command, if I need to.

I hope this helps.

jose
AutoPython

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't work.... Is there any version or any dmd compiler that for sure don't have any errors?
jicman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you compile a simple D program with your setup?
AutoPython

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the error always happens when I need to build the Lib files.
jicman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never tried to build the lib files. I use what Chris provides in the DFL packages. So, you could be right. Have you tried compiling one of the files just alone? I have all my libs in:

C:\D\dmd\windows\lib

and here is the list I have:
Code:

advapi32.lib
COMCTL32.LIB
comdlg32.lib
CTL3D32.LIB
dfl.lib
dfl_build.lib
dfl_debug.lib
gdi32.lib
kernel32.lib
ODBC32.LIB
ole32.lib
OleAut32.lib
phobos.lib
README.TXT
rpcrt4.lib
shell32.lib
snn.lib
sqlite3.lib
user32.lib
uuid.lib
winmm.lib
winspool.lib
WS2_32.LIB
wsock32.lib

My command for building a DFL app is,

Code:
build -I..;c:\D\dmd\import -version=gui -version=Phobos OpenProjs.d[quote]

It works like a charm for me, so I don't know what is wrong with your setup. Unless you are using Tango, you should have no problem with dmd 1.46 and the latest DFL snapshot.

I hope this helps,

jose[/quote]
AutoPython

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see, none of my library files in the file folder are .lib type. They're all .obj type.
jicman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I see. I do have .obj files in the files where the source code exists, but, I also have these. Maybe someone with more profound D architectural background can help us. The only thing that I would suggest is for you to have libs files there and use build/bud to compile your program. If you go that route I can try to help you. The other way, I have not done it. Sorry.
HeiHon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutoPython wrote:

'C:\D\dmd130\dmd\bin\lib' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

As it seems the lib.exe cannot be found in your search path.

Older dmd versions (I checked dmd 1.033) installed lib.exe into a directory <your install root>\dm\bin and dmd.exe into <your install root>\dmd\bin

So you have to add both directories dm\bin and dmd\bin to your search path - or you can simply try to copy lib.exe (or everything of dm\bin) to C:\D\dmd130\dmd\bin.
AutoPython

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I am confused like heck.
When I use the command to build the LIB files it builds .obj files, when I add the -lib switch it doesn't make any files. I'm using this command

Code:

C:\D\dmd130\dmd\bin\dmd -c -debug -g -I.. base.d application.d internal/dlib.d internal/clib.d internal/utf.d internal/com.d control.d form.d registry.d drawing.d menu.d notifyicon.d commondialog.d filedialog.d folderdialog.d panel.d textbox.d richtextbox.d picturebox.d listbox.d groupbox.d splitter.d usercontrol.d button.d label.d collections.d internal/winapi.d internal/wincom.d event.d socket.d timer.d environment.d messagebox.d tooltip.d combobox.d treeview.d tabcontrol.d colordialog.d listview.d data.d clipboard.d fontdialog.d progressbar.d resources.d statusbar.d imagelist.d toolbar.d

Why couldn't they make life easy and just make you download it with everything all compiled for you. It would be much bigger but I wouldn't care.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: