FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Building Derelict2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Building Derelict2 Reply with quote

Here's a quick guide to building the libraries in Derelict2 until I get some docs up and running.

First off, if you are running Mac or Linux I cannot guarantee that all packages work. Also, there are no makefiles for those platforms yet, so building with DSSS is currently the only option. If you are using one of those platforms, any help on getting Derelict2 up and running there would be appreciated.

Building With DSSS

This works just as it does in Derelict 1, with one major difference. In Derelict2, all of the DerelictSDL* packages have been combined into DerelictSDL. The same can be said for DerelictIL* and DerelictGL/GLU. Also, the new DerelictSFML package contains five distinct libraries. The result of this is that, currently, DSSS builds all files in a package into one monolithic library. This means, for example, building the SDL package will result in a single library containing bindings for SDL, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, SDL_net, and SDL_ttf. In other words, there will be no separate libraries for DerelictSDL, DerelictSDLImage, and so on.

So there is a one-to-one correspondence between the number of packages and the number of libraries that DSSS will build. In practice, this shouldn't be a problem. But it's something you need to be aware of.

Building with make

Currently, only makefiles for Windows are implemented. You can build all of the Derelict2 packages from the top-level directory with the following command:

make -fwin32.mak

Unlike when using DSSS, this will not build one library per package. Instead, it will build one library for each binding in each package. For example, there will be two libraries from the DerelictGL package: DerelictGL and DerelictGLU. At I post this, there are a total of 5 packages in Derelict2 which result in 17 libraries. Both numbers are going to increase as I port the remaining packages in the trunk.

There are additional targets, as well, giving you complete control over which libraries you build.

To build all libraries in a single package, append _ALL to the package name and use that for your target. Currently, the following targets are available:

DerelictAL_ALL
DerelictGL_ALL
DerelictIL_ALL
DerelictSDL_ALL
DerelictSFML_ALL
DerelictUTIL_ALL

Note that both DerelictAL_ALL and DerelictUtil_ALL result in only one library and are present solely for consistency.

The individual targets currently supported are as follows:

DerelictAL
DerelictGL
DerelictGLU
DerelictIL
DerelictILU
DerelictILUT
DerelictSDL
DerelictSDLImage
DerelictSDLMixer
DerelictSDLNet
DerelictSDLttf
DerelictSFMLSystem
DerelictSFMLWindow
DerelictSFMLGraphics
DerelictSFMLAudio
DerelictSFMLNetwork
DerelictUtil

I'll update this list as I add more packages.

I highly encourage Derelict users to test Derelict2 and make sure everything works as expected. Remember, it should work with D1, Phobos/Tango and D2. Please submit tickets for any issues you may find. Thanks!

Last edited by aldacron on Mon May 30, 2011 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
jordi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you for this work. I silently started to use D for my 3 year old home project two weeks ago, and i found Derelict to be very useful.

I still will evaluate D in general a little bit more before doing the final move. During this time i will be able to test Derelict2 in linux, which is my usual development environment. I will need the bindings to Freetype though, before moving to Derelict2, but i think i can do that myself.

Keep up the good work!

j.
aldacron

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I think I can say with some confidence that the FreeType bindings will be ported over by the end of the week.
ponce

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you too Aldacron.
Amazing work !
aldacron

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, ponce! I hope you find this stuff useful for future demos Very Happy
jordi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: dmd2 linux patch Reply with quote

Hi,

I just added a ticket with a small patch to support GLX and D2 here:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/derelict/ticket/42

I don't know how do you prefer to proceed with this or if it is a prority at all, but as i was doing it anyway i posted it for review.

Happy winter solstice.

j.
aldacron

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, jordi. I'll give it a look in the next couple of weeks. Posting a ticket was the right way to go about it, as it makes it less likely I'll forget!

Happy holidays!
krcko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried to build Derelict2 using DSSS and DMD 2.050 but got few "C-style function pointer and pointer to array syntax is deprecated. Use 'function' to declare function pointers" errors.

I have just created ticket (#63) with attached changes I made to be able to build library.

regards,
krcko
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: