FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compiling issues with last (svn) tango and ldc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elkano

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Compiling issues with last (svn) tango and ldc Reply with quote

G'day,
I've just updated my system to the last mercurial ldc and subversion tango. I have run a couple of tests and the buildchain seems to be all right.

Then, I've tried to rebuild gtkD (last svn). It all goes well till it reaches gio, where it issues:
Code:
gio => DO-gio
gio/SocketAddress.d(83): Error: class gio.SocketAddress.SocketAddress unable to resolve forward reference in definition
gio/Volume.d(71): Error: class gio.Volume.Volume unable to resolve forward reference in definition
gio/Mount.d(71): Error: class gio.Mount.Mount unable to resolve forward reference in definition
Command /usr/bin/rebuild returned with code 256, aborting.
Error: Command failed, aborting.

I have been unable to understand the issue, which is probably related to some change in ldc (since gtkD, same revision, compiled before the update).
Mike Wey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure whats causing the error, but it looks like a regression in LDC.
cryke

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem... Cannot compile gtkD, using ldc rev. 1649, tango 0.99.9.
What to do?
Mike Wey

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get the same errors as the ones from the first post?
cryke

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gio => DD-gio
gio/Volume.d(71): Error: class gio.Volume.Volume unable to resolve forward reference in definition
gio/Mount.d(71): Error: class gio.Mount.Mount unable to resolve forward reference in definition
gio/SocketAddress.d(83): Error: class gio.SocketAddress.SocketAddress unable to resolve forward reference in definition
wangdong1226

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Compiling issues with last (svn) tango and ldc Reply with quote

elkano wrote:
G'day,
I've just updated my system to the last mercurial ldc and subversion tango. I have run a couple of tests and the buildchain seems to be all right.

Then, I've tried to rebuild gtkD (last svn). It all goes well till it reaches gio, where it issues:
Code:
gio => DO-gio

I have been unable to understand the issue, which is probably related to some change in ldc (since gtkD, same revision, compiled before the update).

It is better using official DMD2.050 to build it.
on my Fedora 14 x86_64, I've installed DMD2.050 and Code::Blocks. I building D application using DMD 2.050, it's good.
bioinfornatics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i confirm it is a ldc regression Wink
if someone would like debug this one feel free, you are welcome Very Happy
john_i_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bioinfornatics wrote:
i confirm it is a ldc regression Wink
if someone would like debug this one feel free, you are welcome Very Happy

I've isolated it to being a problem with ldc's handling of the template mix feature of D.

I'm not sure how to fix ldc itself, but I have created a patch for gtkd that manually inserts the template code into the classes that use it. With that patch I can compile gtkd and run the test app that comes with it successfully.

You can find the patch attached to the ldc support ticket #410 where the problem is reported:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/ldc/ticket/410
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: