FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*.def files for C linkage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: *.def files for C linkage Reply with quote

A little bit of scrounging can turn up some useful items.

In my search for ways to simplify the export definition file creation process, I started investigating the MinGW compiler suite. Each compiler seems to have to deal with the problem in it's own way.

For those who are interested, take a look here:

Mingw Download Packages

If you scroll down a ways under "current", you will come to "w32api-3.1-src.tar.gz" which is the source for the mingw gcc windows specific includes and lib's. Since this is the src, instead of lib's, the lib directory contains -- guess what -- all the definition files (*.def) for the windows system dll files. The neat thing about this is that these def files include the critical @## symbol postfix for all the functions. All that would be necessary to convert these then would be to prepend an "_" and add the "=" followed by the base function symbols.

It's good to see, at least, that there's already a solid source for these dll export definitions if need be. This could be useful if one needed to replace outdated digitalmars libs.

- John
jcc7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: *.def files for C linkage Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
If you scroll down a ways under "current", you will come to "w32api-3.1-src.tar.gz" which is the source for the mingw gcc windows specific includes and lib's. Since this is the src, instead of lib's, the lib directory contains -- guess what -- all the definition files (*.def) for the windows system dll files.
That's great! I downloaded a similar file recently (it was missing the magic "src" in the name). I don't know what I'd do with a bunch of *.a files (I guess they're GCC's way of saying .lib), but I can surely find use for a bunch of .def files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: