FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I turn on code completion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samsam698

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: How can I turn on code completion Reply with quote

Greetings!

I have vs2008 Shell and Visual D installed in xp (dmd2044).But I encountered three problems:
1.I can build a plain D (just phobos) program under release mode but can not build under Debug mode even a plain d program.I reports
"cannot launch debugger on d:\Dlang\dex\d2ex\consoleapp1\consoleapp1\debug\consoleapp1.exe";
2.I can not build windows SDK application both under debug and release mode although I have filled the mymain() method.It reports the same error as P1;
3.The IDE doesn't fire code completion.Sure I have provided the dmd path(bin,src,lib) to IDE.

Was I missing something?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Sam
kanryu

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: How can I turn on code completion Reply with quote

Quote:

1.I can build a plain D (just phobos) program under release mode but can not build under Debug mode even a plain d program.I reports
"cannot launch debugger on d:\Dlang\dex\d2ex\consoleapp1\consoleapp1\debug\consoleapp1.exe";

It needs cv2pdb.exe

Quote:

2.I can not build windows SDK application both under debug and release mode although I have filled the mymain() method.It reports the same error as P1;

It needs Windows SDK.

Quote:

3.The IDE doesn't fire code completion.Sure I have provided the dmd path(bin,src,lib) to IDE.

I think that it has not supported code-completion yet.

Enjoy! Smile
sagitario

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Quote:

From the error message, I assume you can build the program, but cannot start it in the debugger. This is not related to cv2pdb (if it is missing, you won't be able to debug sensibly, but you should still be able to run the program).

What system are you running? 32-bit or 64-bit? Maybe it's an permission problem. Please try starting the shell with administrator rights.

Quote:

A windows version number has crept into the build settings for the windows-application that does not work for XP. Please remove the version ":6.00" from the "-L/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS:600" entry in the additional command line options. This will be fixed in the next version that I hope to release in the next days.

Quote:

The current version only does word-completion from the identifiers found in the current document or from files found for import statements (default hotkey is Ctrl-Space). The corresponding command in the keyboard assignment is "Edit.CompleteWord".
The next version of Visual D will also use symbol-information from json-files generated during compilation.
samsam698

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sagitario wrote:
Hi,

Quote:

From the error message, I assume you can build the program, but cannot start it in the debugger. This is not related to cv2pdb (if it is missing, you won't be able to debug sensibly, but you should still be able to run the program).

What system are you running? 32-bit or 64-bit? Maybe it's an permission problem. Please try starting the shell with administrator rights.

Quote:

A windows version number has crept into the build settings for the windows-application that does not work for XP. Please remove the version ":6.00" from the "-L/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS:600" entry in the additional command line options. This will be fixed in the next version that I hope to release in the next days.

Quote:

The current version only does word-completion from the identifiers found in the current document or from files found for import statements (default hotkey is Ctrl-Space). The corresponding command in the keyboard assignment is "Edit.CompleteWord".
The next version of Visual D will also use symbol-information from json-files generated during compilation.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I am using winXP.I uninstalled VisualD0.38 and then installed 0.39 but still the same problem when build win32 api app.

For code completion,can it be fired when I type dot after a instance,say
class.method?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Sam
sagitario

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:

I am using winXP.I uninstalled VisualD0.38 and then installed 0.39 but still the same problem when build win32 api app.

Is it possible that the build did not complete successfully? I just noticed that the VS Shell is missing one file (msobj80.dll for VS2008 and msobj100.dll for VS2010) that is needed for cv2pdb to convert the debug information.

Could you please check the buildlog.htm in the output directory?

Quote:
For code completion,can it be fired when I type dot after a instance,say
class.method?

Yeah, it can, but as the completion is currently unaware of the context, I did not implement it. I think it will only make sense if completion gets a little smarter.

Rainer
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Visual D All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: