FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

whole sourcecode on svn

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nocide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: whole sourcecode on svn Reply with quote

It would be cool, if you can host the whole sourcecode in the svn-repository.
(incl. dmd/phobos-patches, possibly generated visuald\sdk - code)

nocide
sagitario

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I must not distribute the Visual Studio SDK, not even in translated form. The translation keeps all the comments which is nice for lookup, but definitely an issue for copyrights. The same is probably true for the Windows SDK.

There should be direct download links to the usable versions of the SDKs, though. I'm not using the latest versions and I'm not sure it will work with others.

I have already created patches for the latest DMD/phobos release, but was stopped by some problems on my test system. I'll give it another try soon...
nocide

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I see ...

But at least the dmd/phobos patches and a specification which sdk was used. (version number)

I've tried to compile it, (with the patches you mentioned in the wiki), but I run into many problems. Specifically the convertion of the windows-sdk was an odyssey. Maybe you use another version.
sagitario

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

nocide wrote:
But at least the dmd/phobos patches and a specification which sdk was used. (version number)

I've tried to compile it, (with the patches you mentioned in the wiki), but I run into many problems. Specifically the convertion of the windows-sdk was an odyssey. Maybe you use another version.

I have finally updated both the build process and the description http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald/wiki/Build_from_source. Visual D compiled successfully on another system, but as I am normally using identical directory names, there might still be some issues left.

I hope it can be build now so that others can contribute Wink

Rainer
nocide

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanks for your effort.
This project (and cv2pdb) is still one of the coolest on dsource! Smile

I've made a fresh checkout and have followed your description in the wiki.
I also have changed all required path in all makefiles. (BTW: there are a lot paths to fix Sad )

Unfortunately I get the same errors as before.

Here just the first two errors:

C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\dmd.exe -of..\bin\Release\vsi.lib -lib -O -inline -release -d -L/DELEXECUTABLE -I.. @C:\TEMP\plm\nm7.tmp
win32\winnt.d(2990): Error: size of type _SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR is not known
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\dmd.exe' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\dmd.exe -of..\bin\Release\vsi.lib -lib -O -inline -release -d -L/DELEXECUTABLE -I.. @C:\TEMP\plm\nmD.tmp
win32\wingdi.d(61): Error: forward reference to inferred return type of function call LongToHandle(-1u)
Stop.
Stop.

greets
Matthias
sagitario

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Quote:
I've made a fresh checkout and have followed your description in the wiki.
I also have changed all required path in all makefiles. (BTW: there are a lot paths to fix )

The idea was to only change the settings at the top of the Makefile in trunk, that passes necessary paths to the invoked makefiles. What changes were necessary in other makefiles?

Quote:
Unfortunately I get the same errors as before.

Here just the first two errors:

C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin\dmd.exe -of..\bin\Release\vsi.lib -lib -O -inline -release -d -L/DELEXECUTABLE -I.. @C:\TEMP\plm\nm7.tmp
win32\winnt.d(2990): Error: size of type _SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR is not known
Stop.
Stop.

This very much looks like the standard dmd is used, not the patched one. Could you verify that dmd.exe is actually newer than in the official release to verify the patch succeeded?

Nobody said it would be easy... Wink

Rainer
nocide

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I should read the manual more carefully! I've just patched druntime and phobos, but not dmd.
I also have detected, that you have a buildall.bat in the svn. This makes it much easier! Very Happy

Now I have the error:

"C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Bin\CTC.exe" resources/pkgcmd.ctc resources/pkgcmd.cto -Ccl -I.
CTC : fatal error CTC2015: Unable to open source "C:\svn\Web\visuald\trunk\visuald\resources.ctc"

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Bin\CTC.exe"' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
Stop.

The path exists, but there is no resources.ctc in this folder!
Any thoughts?
sagitario

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nocide wrote:
Now I have the error:

"C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Bin\CTC.exe" resources/pkgcmd.ctc resources/pkgcmd.cto -Ccl -I.
CTC : fatal error CTC2015: Unable to open source "C:\svn\Web\visuald\trunk\visuald\resources.ctc"

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Programme\Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Bin\CTC.exe"' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
Stop.

The path exists, but there is no resources.ctc in this folder!
Any thoughts?

Strangely enough, adding the quotes to the executable also caused the build to fail for me. CTC needs backward slashes then. I've committed the new makefile.

Rainer
nocide

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puh, you reply really fast!

Now it works fine. No more makefile have to be changed (except the main-makefile of course)!!

Really good work.

BTW:
devenv.exe /RootSuffix D
doesn't work for me!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/library/bb932482%28VS.90%29.aspx
Quote:
Beginning in the Visual Studio 2008 SDK, the experimental hive has been moved from the HKLM branch to the current user branch (HKCU) of the system registry.

As mentioned in the article, you can start the hive as normal user with the /RANU sitch
(if you want register a new hive, you must reset the default hive environment 'Exp' with:
$ vsregex getorig 9.0 exp

... maybe this applies to your problem with VS2010

greets
Matthias
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Visual D All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: