FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sample does not build
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Extrawurst

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: sample does not build Reply with quote

just wanted to try the given sample using XMLArchive but it does not compile under current dmd 2047. it says:

orange\serialization\archives\XMLArchive.d(63): Error: template instance template 'Document' is not defined
orange\serialization\archives\XMLArchive.d(63): Error: Document!(char) is used as a type
orange\serialization\archives\XMLArchive.d(63): Error: Document!(char) is used as a type
orange\serialization\archives\XMLArchive.d(64): Error: doc.Node is used as a type
Extrawurst

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shit ok this seems to be tango only... too bad
doob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, for now it is. It should only be XMLArchive that is std/runtime dependent. I can see if I can get that ported to phobos. The library is built so you can easily create new archive types, which mean you can create your own phobos XMLArchive.
jaysistar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Phobos and Tango independant XMLArchive Reply with quote

It's about a month since you talked about porting XMLArchive to Phobos, and I guess it hasn't been done yet, so I guess you're short on time/developers. I need serialization for some of my own upcoming projects, which must use D2 and Phobos, and I'd like to help you develop this library because it would be really useful to me.
HeiHon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: sample does not build Reply with quote

Extrawurst wrote:
... does not compile under current dmd 2047...

I tried to build the example under dmd 1.062 + tango-r5498 and I got
Code:

D:\dmd\windows\bin\..\import\orange\serialization\Serializer.d(429):
    Error: variable value cannot be read at compile time
    Error: cannot evaluate collectAnnotations(value) at compile time
doob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Phobos and Tango independant XMLArchive Reply with quote

jaysistar wrote:
It's about a month since you talked about porting XMLArchive to Phobos, and I guess it hasn't been done yet, so I guess you're short on time/developers. I need serialization for some of my own upcoming projects, which must use D2 and Phobos, and I'd like to help you develop this library because it would be really useful to me.

It was harder to create an abstraction layer on top of the Phobos and Tango XML libraries than I thought it would be. Currently I need to access the parent node from a node but it's not possible in the Phobos XML library. If you can come up with a good way fit the Phobos XML library in the XMLArchive I'm happy to take a look at your code.
doob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: sample does not build Reply with quote

HeiHon wrote:
Extrawurst wrote:

Code:

I'll have a look at this.
doob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll had a quick look and it doesn't work for me either with dmd 1.062, but it worked with 1.061. I'll look further to see what's going on.
jaysistar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "dsss build" (DMD 2.047) gave me the following:

Creating imports for DG-orange

orange => DG-orange
orange/util/collection/Array.d(21): module string cannot read file 'std/c/string.d'
Command /usr/bin/rebuild returned with code 256, aborting.
Error: Command failed, aborting.
doob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaysistar wrote:
A "dsss build" (DMD 2.047) gave me the following:

Creating imports for DG-orange

orange => DG-orange
orange/util/collection/Array.d(21): module string cannot read file 'std/c/string.d'
Command /usr/bin/rebuild returned with code 256, aborting.
Error: Command failed, aborting.

Looks strange, have you configured dmd and dsss correctly ?
doob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: sample does not build Reply with quote

HeiHon wrote:
Extrawurst wrote:

Code:

Fixed in http://hg.dsource.org/projects/orange/rev/613a0bb20207
HeiHon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: sample does not build Reply with quote

doob wrote:

Fixed in http://hg.dsource.org/projects/orange/rev/613a0bb20207

Thanks. Just tried to build and it works now.
jaysistar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doob wrote:

You are correct. I just moved from a D1 GDC to the latest version of DMD on that machine, and I haven't setup DSSS/Rebuild to use the new compiler.

It seems that DSSS has very little support for D2, and DSSS itself can only be compiled with a D1 compiler.

I have been using make for my projects because I have some C files as well.

I might just make a Makefile for Orange rather than deal with DSSS in its current form for D2.

Update:
I made a Makefile and got the following with DMD 2.047:
Code:

orange/serialization/SerializationException.d(29): Error: constructor object.Exception.this (string msg, Throwable next = cast(Throwable)null) is not callable using argument types (string,string,uint,Throwable,TraceInfo)
orange/serialization/SerializationException.d(29): Error: expected 4 arguments, not 5 for non-variadic function type Exception(string msg, string file, uint line, Throwable next = cast(Throwable)null)

Maybe the Exception constructor that you were using was removed/replaced for D2?

Code:

this (Exception exception)
    {
        super(exception.msg, exception.file, exception.line, exception.next, exception.info);
    }
doob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaysistar wrote:
doob wrote:

You are correct. I just moved from a D1 GDC to the latest version of DMD on that machine, and I haven't setup DSSS/Rebuild to use the new compiler.

It seems that DSSS has very little support for D2, and DSSS itself can only be compiled with a D1 compiler.

I don't think dsss works with D2.

Quote:
I have been using make for my projects because I have some C files as well.

I might just make a Makefile for Orange rather than deal with DSSS in its current form for D2.

Update:
I made a Makefile and got the following with DMD 2.047:
Code:

orange/serialization/SerializationException.d(29): Error: constructor object.Exception.this (string msg, Throwable next = cast(Throwable)null) is not callable using argument types (string,string,uint,Throwable,TraceInfo)
orange/serialization/SerializationException.d(29): Error: expected 4 arguments, not 5 for non-variadic function type Exception(string msg, string file, uint line, Throwable next = cast(Throwable)null)

Maybe the Exception constructor that you were using was removed/replaced for D2?

Code:

this (Exception exception)
    {
        super(exception.msg, exception.file, exception.line, exception.next, exception.info);
    }

I'll have a look at this. Please use the ticket system in the future: http://dsource.org/projects/orange/newticket
jaysistar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doob wrote:

I'll have a look at this. Please use the ticket system in the future: http://dsource.org/projects/orange/newticket

Will do.

I have fixed this and several other problems in my local copy. Next, I'll try modifying XMLArchive.d to work with Phobos, and I also might add some sort of binary archive as well. As for right now, the only new file that I have to contribute is a Makefile which handles building, cleaning, installing, and uninstalling (Mac OS X/Linux/Windows with MSYS/MinGW) How can I get the mods to you?

Last edited by jaysistar on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orange All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: