FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutorial to add

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drzzy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Tutorial to add Reply with quote

Hi there!

I'm very new to D and new to programming in general and am coming from a Java background. I was wanting to learn a new programming language that didn't have to be run through an interpreter or virtual machine and D looked like the best language to learn next.

I don't know that much yet in any language but would like to help you guys build up the tutorials for D anyways. Could you people do with a linked list tutorial? And could you do with anything else that I learn in my computer science classes as I learn them?

And how do you format your code so spiffy when submitted? Does it automatically do that or do I need to generate the necessary html?

Thanks a bunch,

-drzzy
JJR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Tutorial to add Reply with quote

drzzy wrote:
Hi there!

Welcome!

drzzy wrote:

I'm very new to D and new to programming in general and am coming from a Java background. I was wanting to learn a new programming language that didn't have to be run through an interpreter or virtual machine and D looked like the best language to learn next.

That it is! Although D is still a beta language, it does have plenty of exciting usefulness in it's current state. It makes for an excellent language to learn. I warn you, though. If you are taking CS classes and learning D at the same time, D makes so much more sense in some areas, that you may have trouble stooping to learn C or C++ (if those are course requirements). Like some others have lamented, D programming creates habits that make it almost impossible to operate in the C and C++ world again. Wink

You've been warned. Smile

drzzy wrote:
I don't know that much yet in any language but would like to help you guys build up the tutorials for D anyways. Could you people do with a linked list tutorial? And could you do with anything else that I learn in my computer science classes as I learn them?

Sure... tutorials are always welcome; teaching is always a good way to learn. You might be interested in what others have done in that area also (linked lists and such). See the digitalmars.d and digitalmars.dtl forums at news.digitalmars.com for more discussions on similar topics.

drzzy wrote:
And how do you format your code so spiffy when submitted? Does it automatically do that or do I need to generate the necessary html?

I haven't submitted any tutorials yet, so I can't answer that question. I was under the impression that code formatting was automatic in code sections. Justin (jcc7) probably could answer your question on this.

drzzy wrote:

Thanks a bunch,

-drzzy

Hope you enjoy it here. Have fun!

- John R.
jcc7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Tutorial to add Reply with quote

drzzy wrote:
Great!

drzzy wrote:
Pretty much anything is game at this point. As we get more examples, I'll try to spend more effort organizing the examples we get.

drzzy wrote:
The code is automatically formatted using PHP code based on d2html. (I just added a sticky to explain more about the tutorials project.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tutorials All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: