FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No code completion on MacOSX?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
invi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: No code completion on MacOSX? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just installed Descent on my Mac and I'm not able to get the code completion to work at all. DMD, Rebuild and DSSS are all set up and they do their job fine, but Descent doesn't give me any proposals while coding (beside keywords) - not even local identifiers.

Did I miss something?

FYI: I noticed, that eclipse had problems resolving my global $PATH variable. To configure DSSS as an external tool I had to re-define this variable in the "external tool configuration dialog." Maybe that has somthing to do with that.

Also:
I saw, that the current release as quite old. Is there an easy way to get a current snapshot or at least some compile/install instructions, or is it not worth it?

Thanks in advance,
-invi
doob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you configured the plugin using this tutorial http://dsource.org/projects/descent/wiki/Configuring ?
invi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doob wrote:
Have you configured the plugin using this tutorial http://dsource.org/projects/descent/wiki/Configuring ?

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my late response.

But yes, I set the plugin up like the wiki says... almost. I'm using dmd2 and added the following directories to the build path:
1. Source directory of phobos where "phobos.d" "std/" .. is located
2. Source directory of druntime where "object.d" is located.

Still no code completion; and as I said not even on locally defined variables like in:
Code:

void main(string[] args)
{
   int ccTest = 0;
   ccT //<< no code completion here.
}
phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

invi wrote:
doob wrote:

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my late response.

But yes, I set the plugin up like the wiki says... almost. I'm using dmd2 and added the following directories to the build path:
1. Source directory of phobos where "phobos.d" "std/" .. is located
2. Source directory of druntime where "object.d" is located.

Still no code completion; and as I said not even on locally defined variables like in:
Code:

void main(string[] args)
{
   int ccTest = 0;
   ccT //<< no code completion here.
}

I took a quick peek at that problem. If it is the same that I replicated locally, you should have a ClassCastException in your Eclipse Error Log whenever you invoke the content assist.
It seems the problem is the object.d file on newer D2 std libs, if there is a problem analyzing this file, all semantic functionality breaks. There is a workaround though, if you take an object.d file from a D1 standard library, and place in your project (or over the D2 std lib object.d), things work again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: