FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slow forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrej08

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Slow forum Reply with quote

Hi,

Is anyone still taking care of this website? Because opening new topics sometime take over a minute for me. :/
michaelp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything seems fine and fast for me, so maybe it's just you?
michaelp

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrej08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaelp wrote:

I've had this issue back years ago when I was trying out D1, and it's still an issue now. It's certainly not a problem on my end, but maybe my ISP has problems reaching this website or something. I'm in Europe, so maybe that has something to do with it.. Every few days I can't even access dsource or any site that's hosted on it, all I get back is a 404.

I don't have any of these problems with any other site, dsource, digitalmars.com, etc. If these problems don't go away I'll rather contribute to the D prowiki, and use Github or something else for hosting projects (although I haven't hosted anything here yet).
StijnH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it a couple of times yesterday, the problem seems to appear and disappear randomly.
jcc7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I haven't been spending a lot of time at dsource recently, I'm not surprised that I haven't noticed this particular problem. I suspect it's a problem that comes-and-goes during the day.

I saw that Brad Roberts started an automated testing tool to try building DMD on an hourly basis (or so) based on a fresh update of the SVN at dsource: http://d.puremagic.com/test-results/.

I noticed that the checkouts "fail" fairly often (it's already failed 6 times as of this writing), and the history of the page only goes back to yesterday (2010-09-13 06:58:14). It looks like dsource may have been down between 2010-09-13 21:45:45 and 2010-09-13 23:46:52 and then again at 2010-09-14 02:57:10. Brad's automated tool probably only checks once an hour or so, so there may have been uptime in-between his checks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: