FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Status Updates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Status Updates Reply with quote

I was just curious if anyone was working on anything or planning any contributions.

This is my own status:

I'm currently doing some refactoring of the scene graph code. Instead of having three buffers of matrices for every Node in the scene graph, each will have a single Vec3f for position, rotation (axis/angle), and scale. In some cases, decomposing the transform matrix at every frame, updating values, and recomposing was causing floating point drift over time, especially for matrices with a non-uniform scale.

In the new version, the scene update thread creates an array of "render commands" attached to each camera. These are consumed by the renderer. The render thread no longer has to do culling, and I'm already seeing better framerates. With the Renderer only consuming RenderCommands instead of using scene graph items directly helps ensure better thread safety. Best of all, I think this will cause a net decrease in code complexity.

Fortunately, all of this will cause only minor changes for anyone that calls scene graph functions.
bioinfornatics

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me i would like package your project if they are a build system like makefile

not dsss this project is die
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like everyone that uses D is using different build tools, such as:

* DSS/Rebuild
* Bud
* Jake
* xfBuild
* VisualD
* and (shame on me), I even have my own build tool to make the choice more complicated Smile

I used my own modified version of CDC because it's only a 30KB D source file, it's easy to bundle with the project, can run as a script, and doesn't need an external tool. I think this is the simplest solution that was most likely to please everyone. e.g.
Code:
dmd -run buildyage.d
A month ago, a Jonathan Mercier sent me a makefile he created for Yage. Sadly, I don't know the first thing about makefiles, but you can get it here in case you find it useful.
debio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you planning to move to D2 at some point, or are you sticking with D1?
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to move, but not in the near future. Tango + D1 works well enough for now. The longer I wait, the more stable D2 will be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Yage All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: