FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

openGL 3.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bioinfornatics

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: openGL 3.0 Reply with quote

just an information. Now with Derelict you can use opengl 3.0 function Razz
it 's amazing because between 2.1 and 3.0 they are lot of great change
kaarna

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. OpenGL 3.0 seems really great, and even 2.0 would be really great (shaders). Currently I'm not even using any 2.0 features. I'm using something like OpenGL 1.4 if I remember correctly.

My hardware (1st generation intel Macbook, with intel onboard graphics) propably only supports OpenGL 2.0 (in Mac OS X), and it is not very fast at that. On Linux, the drivers propably don't even support 2.0 yet (but I'm not sure).

I also have two PowerPC Macs at my disposal (but it's too bad there isn't a working D compiler for PowerPC).

So, as long as I'm developing with this hardware, I'm not touching OpenGL 3.0 in the next 4 years. (Just being overly pessimistic here, sorry Smile )

I've actually got some frame buffer object code already in Rae, and some shader tests were done over a year ago in one NVidia PC that I had at the time. I think I could have some effects (like blurring transparent windows) with the shaders, but I haven't got clear ideas on how to do it yet.
Maybe later. Thanks for the information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Rae All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: