FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

undecorated Symbol names

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ingrater

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: undecorated Symbol names Reply with quote

Hi, I'm currently working on a stack unwinding for windows which happens automatically when a exception is thrown.

The problem now is, that when using cv2pdb the symbol names get undecorated.

Without cv2pdb I get "D6folder4blup4BlupFZv" as symbol name.
After using cv2pdb I get "folderblupBlup". That way I'm no longer able to pass the symbol name to the d demangle routine to get a propper function name for it.

Is there any way that the original symbol names can be preserved?

Btw: This is a great piece of software! Together with VisualD and Mango it is a awsome debugging experience.

Kind Regards
Ingrater
sagitario

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: undecorated Symbol names Reply with quote

Hi,

Ingrater wrote:
Without cv2pdb I get "D6folder4blup4BlupFZv" as symbol name.
After using cv2pdb I get "folderblupBlup". That way I'm no longer able to pass the symbol name to the d demangle routine to get a propper function name for it.

I'd expect it to be folder@blup@Blup which would allow seperating the identifieres, but I guess it is the parameter type list you are also interested in.

Quote:
Is there any way that the original symbol names can be preserved?

I can add an option to disable the demangling. You can try it yourself, just avoid calling d_demangle() in symutil.cpp, line 57.

Quote:
Btw: This is a great piece of software! Together with VisualD and Mango it is a awsome debugging experience.

Thanks. Mago does not need cv2pdb to debug, so debug symbols are not demangled. But If you are using microsoft tools to retrieve the debug info, they will probably fail without the cv2pdb conversion.

Best,
Rainer
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> cv2pdb All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: