FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing Derelict 2 with DSSS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewbyProgrammer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Installing Derelict 2 with DSSS Reply with quote

Trying to install Derelict on arch linux 64-bits with dsss. I installed all the dsss folders to their respective places in /usr/local but I'm geting this weird error:

Code:
Creating imports for DerelictUtil

derelict => DerelictUtil
/usr/local/bin/../include/d/std/c/string.d(12): module string cannot read file 'core/stdc/string.d'
Command /usr/local/bin/rebuild returned with code 256, aborting.
Error: Command failed, aborting.

Anyone know what's wrong?
aldacron

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSSS has been broken for a long time and no one has updated it in ages. It can build Derelict fine, but to "install" you're going to have to checkout the Derelict 2 branch manually with Subversion.

Then again, after giving your error message another look, it appears that your import path may not be configured correctly.
elkano

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's about one month too late, but I am maintaining an AUR package for Derelict2 (svn) since may 2.
It may simplify the installation and update of Derelict2 for Arch users, and I would mind having some more testers Smile.
aldacron

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any links you can give me to more information, I'll happily put a post about it on my D blog to get some eyes on it.
elkano

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's the link to the AUR. For those who are not Arch users, I'll explain what the AUR is:
Arch Linux has several binary repositories, which try to cover most software used. However, they also have a special "Arch User Repository", where anyone can upload (and mantain) 'PKGBUILDs', which are a sort of recipe to compile a piece of software. If these get enough votes, they may get into the 'community' binary repository.

Since I was going to use the Derelict2-svn PKGBUILD myself to install Derelict in my PC, I uplodaded to the AUR. It depends on a working D2 toolchain, which I tried to manage with a little script of mine, d2-config (with it's own PKGBUILD, that helps choosing a default D2 compiler (dmd, gdc or ldc). But that's a different story.

Derelict2-svn AUR link: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48654
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: