FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Import paths doesn't work (VS2005)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nrgyzer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: Import paths doesn't work (VS2005) Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've some projects where one depends on another like:

Project 1 (base project)
Project 2 (depends on "Project 1"),

so I've to add some import paths. I already added some lines using "Tools > Options > Projects and Solutions > Visual D Directories", but it seems, VS do not include these folders. No path, alike if it's correct or not... it's not included. For example... I added the following line to the import paths:

Code:
$(DMDInstallDir)src\ext

So, if I compile my project and want include some sources from these directory (for example derelict):

Code:
import derelict.sdl.sdl;

I'll get the following error:

Code:
Error: module sdl is in file 'derelict\sdl\sdl.d' which cannot be read...

And my output looks as the following few lines:

Code:
Building Debug\app.exe...
app.d(4): Error: module sdl is in file 'derelict\sdl\sdl.d' which cannot be read
import path[0] = C:\Programs\DigitalMars\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos
import path[1] = C:\Programs\DigitalMars\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\druntime\import
Building Debug\app.exe failed!
Details saved as ...
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

But where is my import path "$(DMDInstallDir)src\ext" which I configured? VS seems to completely ignore the path(s).
sagitario

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I can confirm, the import option on the global page seems broken and does not end up on the command line. I've added it to my todo list.

You can use the import settings in the project configuration instead, though you will have to specify them in every project which uses the extra packages.

Rainer
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Visual D All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: