FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DerelictSDL2Image

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: DerelictSDL2Image Reply with quote

Looking at the SDL mercurial repository, it appears that the satellite libraries have been modified to compile with SDL2, but the interfaces have not changed. So porting the Derelict bindings for them over to Derelict3 should be painless.

To that end, I've ported DerelictSDLImage over, primarily since a request for it was made. Here's how to use it:

1) When you compile and run derelict.d, DerelictSDL2Image will be compiled as part of the DerelictSDL2 library. It is not a separate lib, and there is no command line argument for it supported in the build script.

2) import derelict.sdl2.image;

3) DerelictSDL2Image.load();

In order for this to work, you will need to check out and build a fresh copy of SDL_image (the repo is not named SDL2_image) from the SDL Mercurial repository and compile it against the SDL2 source. There is a snapshot of SDL2 available for download, but not of SDL2_Image.

I've built SDL2 on both Windows (with MingW/MSYS) and Linux (which I booted into last night for the first time in... a very, very long while). I haven't attempted SDL2_image yet. So I can tell you that the new binding compiles, but I don't know for sure if it works. I see no reason why it shouldn't, since the interface hasn't changed.
mutable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found no image.d file in the last repo. Or did i get you wrong?
aldacron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I got it wrong. Forgot to 'git add' the new module. It's there now.
mutable

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for doing that so fast. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: