FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Package Load Key Approved!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dsieber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Package Load Key Approved! Reply with quote

I just received the Package Load Key from Microsoft, so things should be able to move forward now.

When installing the package, a few things need to be written to the registry so that your copy of VS.NET will then load it. So I will need to write a very simple MS Installer app (.MSI) to automate this, and then I can release version 1.0.

When applying for the Package Load Key, I needed to supply a Product Name. Since I didn't have one, I came up with "DCoder", which has an eye to the future when I add full Intellisense support for the Professional D Coder Smile

--
dave
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about DCoder.net. This leaves the door open to move your code (if possible) to other development IDE's.
dsieber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
What about DCoder.net. This leaves the door open to move your code (if possible) to other development IDE's.

Not a bad idea, but maybe moving too quick for me Smile This is, after all, my first such public project. There are many options (SourceForge etc.) but I like the idea of having a single home here on dsource.org (if you think it's appropriate) where it can be both discussed and downloaded, etc. And I like the idea of supporting this site. But I'm open to any discussion on this. If you think the URL will be nabbed by someone else, maybe I/we/us should grab it (but I certainly don't have any money for that right now...)

BTW, since I was forced into a name Smile, and I think DCoder is not too bad, maybe since you're an admin you could change the forum name to DCoder, and then use the current name "VS.NET extensions for D" as the description? Or, how about I get 1.0 ready for release, and then we do that?

--
dave
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no, no. I was only talking about the project name of dcoder having the .net attached. Then you could have dcoder.emacs dcoder.eclipse (emacs may be a bad example). And they're all definitely hosted here on dsource.org. I wasn't suggesting hosting elsewhere. Just project names.

But this codebase may only be applicable to VS.net. In any case, I like dcoder. I'll change it around and add project pages and such.

BA
dsieber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, my misunderstanding! Thanks for the clarification. Agreed, they should all be hosted here.

Actually, support for other environments is a good idea, but you're right: the code is pretty much tied to Visual Studio and its extensibility model. I think there is another project already for Eclipse, right? And there is an Emacs syntax coloring module out there too, as well as vim and others.

--
dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DCoder All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: