FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bunch of requests

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlos

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: bunch of requests Reply with quote

After spending basically all the afternoon playing with MinWin, I've come up with the following requests:

Window.title getter (ie, char [] Window.title())
    On Windows, windows created with a non-white background
    To Have minwin.geometry.RGB defined for Windows: it's no good to import std.c.windows.windows
    To be able to create FontData from Font and PenData from Pen
    Image and Brush for GTK

Also, GC1.drawImage, GC1.fillPolygon, and Pen.style don't seem to work on Windows (Motif is ok)
BenHinkle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: bunch of requests Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback!
Carlos wrote:
Window.title getter (ie, char [] Window.title())

yeah, I hadn't gotten to that yet. I should.
Carlos wrote:
On Windows, windows created with a non-white background

At least I need to add a member function to set the background color and/or the default background color.
Carlos wrote:
To Have minwin.geometry.RGB defined for Windows: it's no good to import std.c.windows.windows

You're right. I wonder why it works in minwin/samples/painting.d? wierd.
Carlos wrote:
To be able to create FontData from Font and PenData from Pen

good point. I wanted to support grabbing the data out of the system peer but haven't quite gotten there. I don't think I can ask a system call for that so it might be a little more complicated.
Carlos wrote:
Image and Brush for GTK

Those should be supported on GTK now.
Carlos wrote:
Also, GC1.drawImage, GC1.fillPolygon, and Pen.style don't seem to work on Windows (Motif is ok)

I need to implement fillPolygon but the others should be working. I'll check it out. I might need to start versioning things to know what people are running.
Carlos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: bunch of requests Reply with quote

BenHinkle wrote:
Thanks for the feedback!

No problem.
Another one: BorderLayout. I have no idea how difficult that is, but that'd be a good addition, I think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MinWin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: