FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

-I not working on linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenHinkle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: -I not working on linux Reply with quote

It looks like -I doesn't work on linux. If I try
Code:
build sample.d -I.. -v

I get a command-line
Code:
Running '/home/bhinkle/dmd/bin/dmd "-v" "-op" "-version=Posix" "-I"/"" "-I"/home/bhinkle/dmd/src/phobos"" "-c" "sample.d" '

which seems to have lost my "..". The quoting also looks strange to me: should "-I"/"" be "-I/".

As a side question why is it adding root to the include path anyway? I would think the user should have to do that explicitly if they need root.
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: -I not working on linux Reply with quote

BenHinkle wrote:
It looks like -I doesn't work on linux. If I try
Code:
build sample.d -I.. -v

I get a command-line
Code:
Running '/home/bhinkle/dmd/bin/dmd "-v" "-op" "-version=Posix" "-I"/"" "-I"/home/bhinkle/dmd/src/phobos"" "-c" "sample.d" '

which seems to have lost my "..".

Not really. It converted the ".." into the real path value. As it is showing "/" then all I can assume is that your CWD at the time was "/something" and thus ".." relative that that is simply "/".

What did you expect when you used -I..? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

BenHinkle wrote:
The quoting also looks strange to me: should "-I"/"" be "-I/".

Yep. I was told by somebody else that the quotes needed to go after the "-I" but I forgot to then not quote the entire switch. I've fixed that now.

BenHinkle wrote:
As a side question why is it adding root to the include path anyway? I would think the user should have to do that explicitly if they need root.

If by root, you mean the path "/" then I've explained that above.
BenHinkle

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: -I not working on linux Reply with quote

Derek Parnell wrote:

Not really. It converted the ".." into the real path value. As it is showing "/" then all I can assume is that your CWD at the time was "/something" and thus ".." relative that that is simply "/".

My cwd was /home/bhinkle/d/minwin. Maybe there is a bug in expanding cwd?

Derek Parnell wrote:

I really wanted -I../.. but when that didn't work I tried -I.. and that didn't work either. Basically I couldn't get -I to work.
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: -I not working on linux Reply with quote

BenHinkle wrote:
Derek Parnell wrote:

My cwd was /home/bhinkle/d/minwin. Maybe there is a bug in expanding cwd?

Derek Parnell wrote:

I really wanted -I../.. but when that didn't work I tried -I.. and that didn't work either. Basically I couldn't get -I to work.

Ok, I'll look through it again, but later today. I'll keep you posted.
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: -I not working on linux Reply with quote

Derek Parnell wrote:
Ok, I'll look through it again, but later today. I'll keep you posted.

Found it! Very Happy I assumed that getcwd() would return a string whose last character was the path separator ( / in Unix and \ in Windows). Needless to say, it doesn't Sad But anyway, its working now.

The release should happen later today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: