FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 problems on Windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: 2 problems on Windows Reply with quote

1) -of is apparently not being passed to dmd. I have added as an argument to my response file: -of ..\bin\app.exe. Yet, the executable is still being created in source directory.

2) -od is functioning properly. However, when I use it, Build is not cleaning up the object files with -cleanup or -clean. I guess this is because it isn't checking for the -od flag and storing the path for later use.

Other than than those two little issues, it sure beats Makefiles Wink
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 problems on Windows Reply with quote

aldacron wrote:
1) -of is apparently not being passed to dmd. I have added as an argument to my response file: -of ..\bin\app.exe. Yet, the executable is still being created in source directory.

As a workaround, use the -T switch on Build and do not use the -of switch.
Code:
-T..\bin\app.exe

aldacron wrote:
2) -od is functioning properly. However, when I use it, Build is not cleaning up the object files with -cleanup or -clean. I guess this is because it isn't checking for the -od flag and storing the path for later use.

Hmmmm... You want object files to be created in some special place and then delete them. Why? I mean, if you are going to delete them anyway, why does it matter where they are (briefly) created?
I'll add it to the TODO list.
aldacron

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 problems on Windows Reply with quote

Derek Parnell wrote:

Code:
-T..\bin\app.exe

Thanks. I overlooked it.

aldacron wrote:

Hmmmm... You want object files to be created in some special place and then delete them. Why? I mean, if you are going to delete them anyway, why does it matter where they are (briefly) created?
I'll add it to the TODO list.

I didn't say I delete them on each run Wink Regardless of when they are removed, some people prefer to keep source files and object files separate. When you always delete them on every run, it's not an issue. But having the option to leave them sitting around in a separate directory to be cleaned later would be nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: