FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few suggestions for the code.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcc7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: A few suggestions for the code. Reply with quote

Lynn,

I know that you're shelved this project, but I have some suggestions for some minor improvements to BerBible.d.

Start taking advantage of the new lib pragma:
Code:
import win32.commctrl; /* existing code */
pragma(lib, "win32.lib");
pragma(lib, "comctl32.lib");  /* for InitCommonControls */

Also, I ran into the "ChapSelector Tree not created!" error again. It looks like you forgot to add:
Code:
  HWND hChapSelectorTree;  /* existing code */

InitCommonControls();

I could make these fixes myself if I became a member of this project. What do you think?

(I got around the "WebOtNtNoTags.vpl not found" error message by using a file downloaded from http://berbible.sf.net.)

After I made these changes, dBerBible seemed to work fine (obviously it's still a stripped-down version of your C++ project). But it's a good start to a D version.

By the way, I know you've tried converting dBerBible to make use of DFL in the past. I didn't find any mention of that effort in SVN. I'm curious what that effort looked like. Would you consider adding those files in a separate directory to the SVN repository or did that project just not go anywhere?
jcc7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone following this topic, I found out via e-mail that the newest source is now available from a sourceforge download. It hasn't been updated in a few months, but it is DFL-based.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> dBerBible All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: