FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First GDB Patch Released

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teqdruid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: First GDB Patch Released Reply with quote

The initial GDB patch is hereby released. This is very beta, and doesn't know how to demangle all of the D symbols, but it works on the vast majority.

Download the patch http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/gdb-patches/downloads/gdb6.3/d-gdb0.1.patch

into your GDB source root directory, then apply it with the command
Code:
patch -p0 < d-gdb0.1.patch

Compile like normal, and enjoy not having to see lots of numbers and underscores in GDB! Be forewarned, however, that the symbol demangling only works if the program is compiled *without* -g. When DMD puts the DWARF2 information into the object files, it lies and says that it's C code. As a result, GDB doesn't run the demangling routines. I've applied to the DWARF working committe for a language number for D, but this will take some time.

With any luck now that we're putting tangible effort into gdb D support, we can guilt Walter into fixing the DWARF2 line number information bug(s).

... This took much much longer than it should have... Oh well... it's kinda working now.
afb

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up with the "struct String" ?
Doesn't that just muddy the waters ?

Some other things from James Dunne's
original also seem to be missing here ?

I think I will refactor d_demangle out to a
separate file, before back-porting to GDB 5.3...
teqdruid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created the String struct to simplify things. Made it easier for me to do string manipulations without any memory leaks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> GDB Patches All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: