FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pragma(nolink)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJR

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: pragma(nolink) Reply with quote

(linux version)

I'm using pragma(nolink) in a top level build file that I call build.d for a project.

I use build.d to explicitly import all files in the a project that is to be made into a library:

I build the library like so:

build build.d -allobj

I do not want build.o to be included in the resulting library. It's merely there to direct the build tool.

pragma(nolink) in that file is not effective in preventing this. Is this a bug? Can you fix this?

- John
JJR

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact... build appears to ignoring any

version(build) pragma(nolinks) in the files.
JJR

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... this a problem on windows also. It must be due to my using -allobj switch.

I need to use allobj switch or build will no add any library files to the library.

What do I do?

-JJR
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
Okay... this a problem on windows also. It must be due to my using -allobj switch.

I need to use allobj switch or build will no add any library files to the library.

What do I do?

-JJR

Its my problem. That pragma was only envisioned to be used in source files that didn't need to be compiled. These would be files that were only ever imported and their OBJ file was never needed. The way you are using it means that whenever one of the imported source files is modifed, it would force the compile of all files that referenced that source file.

I can fix it to do what you need, but I have to split the compile step from the link step. I'll see if I can have something ready for tomorrow.
JJR

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Parnell wrote:
Its my problem. That pragma was only envisioned to be used in source files that didn't need to be compiled. These would be files that were only ever imported and their OBJ file was never needed. The way you are using it means that whenever one of the imported source files is modifed, it would force the compile of all files that referenced that source file.

Ah I see now. I figured it would have duplicate compile paths, but I put up with it because I like the clarity of seeing the exact modules that would be compiled for my library.

Derek Parnell wrote:
I can fix it to do what you need, but I have to split the compile step from the link step. I'll see if I can have something ready for tomorrow.

That would be wonderful. Thank you for your help! Take your time. I have lots to do in the meantime.

-JJR
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: