FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DFL wiki

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: DFL wiki Reply with quote

After hours of experimentation, I finally understood how you paint correctly in Windows and discovered that by default, DFL::Control instances do not have CS_HREDRAW and CS_VREDRAW in their WNDCLASS style.

I wanted to draw an edge around my window using DrawEdge, but the clipping rectangle that is set when you call BeginPaint when you handle WM_PAINT prevented the background from being erased when resizing occured - and when the window became bigger, the old edge was still visible inside its client area.

Then I discovered resizeRedraw, passed true to it and *oh joy* it fired a WM_PAINT messages with the whole client area as the update region when the window was resized.

Is that correct? Can I add a little description to the wiki so other Win32-newbies don't stumble upon the same obstacles as I do?

BTW, it's great fun to work with DFL! You get to know the Win32 API and the D programming language at the same time! Then, when you are asked to program a C++ program using the Win32 API next time, you're already well prepared.

C++ really slows you down (keeping header files and implementation files in sync, compile times and such), but D is an excellent language to explore an API.

Keep up the excellent work, Chris!
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: DFL wiki Reply with quote

tim wrote:
Is that correct? Can I add a little description to the wiki so other Win32-newbies don't stumble upon the same obstacles as I do?

Yes, that is correct. Go ahead, anyone is welcome to add to the wiki.
You can see existing pages on http://wiki.dprogramming.com/DflDoc/PageList to see how they're formatted, but you don't have to follow them; someone else can easily go back and fix up posts.

Quote:
Keep up the excellent work, Chris!

Thanks Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: