FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Writef type functionality

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremy_c

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Writef type functionality Reply with quote

pragma wrote:

1)

Code:

db.queryFetchAll("select * from mytable where x='{0}' and y='{1}'",mystr,mystr2);

2) It would be nice to have a 'query' object that can be resued in places, instead of having to wield SQL all the time.

Code:

Query q = db.createQuery("select * from mytable where x='{0}' and y='{1}'");
Reqsult r = q.fetchAll(mystr,mystr2);

The first would be nice and would not be hard to accomplish using a va_arg style function. I have looked into this but don't quite understand that va_arg functionality in D yet. I only looked at it briefly thinking it would be a trivial addition. The function could easily just use a prepare call to create a Statement which has the ?, ?, ? and :name:, :age:, :city: functionality, which brings us to #2.

Currently that can be accomplished using 1 of two methods:

Code:
Statement stmt = db.prepare("select * from mytable where x=? and y=?");
stmt.bind(1, mystr);
stmt.bind(2, mystr2);
Result res = stmt.execute();

You could also do named parameters:

Code:
Statement stmt = db.prepare("select * from mytable where x=:x: and y=:y:");
stmt.bind("x", myX);
stmt.bind("y", myY);
Result res = stmt.execute();

The :name: could be anything you like, it does not have to be 1 character. Also, for those who really like the {1}, {2}, you could just :1:, :2:. The escaping is automatically taken care of here by the overloaded bind functions. Again, if a string is passed, it is escaped and also put in quotes, therefore you don't need: name = ':name:', name = :name: will handle the quoting for you.

As said in earlier posts, this needs to be database dependent, not database independent like it currently is.

Jeremy
jeremy_c

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Writef type functionality Reply with quote

jeremy_c wrote:
The first would be nice and would not be hard to accomplish using a va_arg style function. I have looked into this but don't quite understand that va_arg functionality in D yet. I only looked at it briefly thinking it would be a trivial addition. The function could easily just use a prepare call to create a Statement which has the ?, ?, ? and :name:, :age:, :city: functionality, which brings us to #2.

The
Code:
execute("SELECT * FROM names WHERE name = ? AND age = ?", "John Doe", 25);

could be done something like: (mock code obviously):
Code:

Result execute(char[] sql, ...) {
  Statement stmt = this.query(sql);
  foreach (arg; va_args) {
    stmt.bind(idx, arg);
    idx += 1;
  }
  return stmt.execute();
}

If anyone wants to code that function up and submit a patch, that would be terrific!

Jeremy
MarkD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the function that I'm currently using, so that I can at least go db.execute(combine("SELECT * FROM Table WHERE ID = {0}", x));

Code:
// Mark Delano #8^) (2005)
char[] combine(char[] sql, ...) {

for (int i = 0; i < _arguments.length; i++) {
      if      (_arguments[i] == typeid(int))
         sql = replace(sql, "{" ~ toString(i) ~ "}", toString(va_arg!(int)(_argptr)));
      else if (_arguments[i] == typeid(long))
         sql = replace(sql, "{" ~ toString(i) ~ "}", toString(va_arg!(long)(_argptr)));
      else if (_arguments[i] == typeid(float))
         sql = replace(sql, "{" ~ toString(i) ~ "}", toString(va_arg!(float)(_argptr)));         
      else if (_arguments[i] == typeid(double))
         sql = replace(sql, "{" ~ toString(i) ~ "}", toString(va_arg!(double)(_argptr)));
      else if (_arguments[i] == typeid(char[]))
         sql = replace(sql, "{" ~ toString(i) ~ "}", va_arg!(char[])(_argptr));
      else
          assert(0);         
   }

return sql;
}

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DDBI All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: