FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COFF handler status

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrTact

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: COFF handler status Reply with quote

Hi there. I am curious what the state of the COFF library is atm. I synced the trunk and then started to write a simple lib dumper:

Code:
import ddl.coff.cofflibrary;

int main(char[][] args)
{
   COFFLibrary lib = new COFFLibrary(args[1]);

return 1;   
}

When I build this and run it with some input, e.g. "libdump \dm\lib\gdi32.lib", it immediately hits the assert on line 130 of COFFLibrary.d.

What I'm wondering is, does this seem like a reasonable thing to do? Am I doing something obviously wrong? Should the COFF handling code be mature enough to handle this? I am prepared to dig in and debug this, if need be, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't exceeding the operating parameters of the library first Smile

Tim Keating
AgentOrange

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all its not ready for general use like that Im still getting the code merged into DDL, secondly you are trying to open an OMF library with a COFF parser. It wont work.

Oh, and thirdly, I may not have hooked up the .lib code properly with the DynamicLibrary stuff, right now it probably only opens .obj files cleanly, as I havent tested any of that.
MrTact

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! You succeeded in boggling my mind, but I just figured out what you meant . . . the versions of the windows lib files have been converted to OMF format by DM because that's what dmd knows how to link against.

Back to the drawing board!
AgentOrange

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The COFF code now should work, but its mostly there for compatability with DLLs or microsoft C libs. Im mainly using it to parse COFF exe images for my debugger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DDL - D Dynamic Libraries All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: