FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compiling build on cygwin, windows XP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kylek

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Compiling build on cygwin, windows XP Reply with quote

I cannot seem to get build to work with the gdc front-end on cygwin.

I've downloaded the stock gdc build included in cygwin (GCC 3.4.4, GDC 0.12, using dmd 0.125). On trying to build using the included Makefile.gdc (is this the incorrect one?) and getting the following:

source.d:537: found '!' when expecting ')'
source.d:537: found 'is' instead of statement
source.d:873: found '!' when expecting ')'
source.d:873: found 'is' instead of statement
source.d:879: Declaration expected, not 'else'
source.d:881: unrecognized declaration
util/fdt.d:63: module unix cannot read file 'std/c/unix.d'
util/fileex.d:259: function std.file.remove (char[]) does not match argument types (bit[char[]],char[])
util/fileex.d:259: Error: expected 1 arguments, not 2

util/fileex.d:259: cannot implicitly convert expression (lExistingFiles) of type bit[char[]] to char[]
make: *** [build] Error 1

I tried grabbing the precompiled win32 binary of build, but ran into a show stopper again. I got it to recognize a config file by pointing -CFPATH at sc.ini from DMD, but it seems it doesn't like using gdmd (using DCPATH with all variety of slash styles and names, renaming gdmd, symbolic links, environmental variables to no avail).

Am I doing something wrong? I checked that /usr/include/d/3.4.4/std/c/unix/unix.d does exist inside my cygwin root, but im too green with D to understand the nature of "module unix cannot read file" or what the actual issue is. I suspect it has something to do with my version of gdc or support of cygwin?
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Compiling build on cygwin, windows XP Reply with quote

kylek wrote:
I cannot seem to get build to work with the gdc front-end on cygwin.

I've downloaded the stock gdc build included in cygwin (GCC 3.4.4, GDC 0.12, using dmd 0.125). On trying to build using the included Makefile.gdc (is this the incorrect one?) and getting the following:

Build requires DMD v0.126 and GDC v0.13 or later.

kylek wrote:

This file is assumed to be needed for version=Unix systems. I don't know why you have this error if the file exists. Maybe DMD is looking elsewhere for it. ???

kylek wrote:

util/fileex.d:259: function std.file.remove (char[]) does not match argument types (bit[char[]],char[])
util/fileex.d:259: Error: expected 1 arguments, not 2

util/fileex.d:259: cannot implicitly convert expression (lExistingFiles) of type bit[char[]] to char[]

This is also caused by using an earlier version of DMD. I'm now using the remove property of Associative Arrays.

kylek wrote:

I tried grabbing the precompiled win32 binary of build, but ran into a show stopper again. I got it to recognize a config file by pointing -CFPATH at sc.ini from DMD, but it seems it doesn't like using gdmd (using DCPATH with all variety of slash styles and names, renaming gdmd, symbolic links, environmental variables to no avail).

Yes, the win32 edition would not be expecting path separators like "/".

kylek wrote:

Am I doing something wrong? I checked that /usr/include/d/3.4.4/std/c/unix/unix.d does exist inside my cygwin root, but im too green with D to understand the nature of "module unix cannot read file" or what the actual issue is. I suspect it has something to do with my version of gdc or support of cygwin?

I haven't used dmd with cygwin so I can't really help much more.
kylek

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense. For some reason, when I checked to see if gdc was up to date I misread the current version.

Now I'm just having problems with the newer gdc compiling on cygwin, which has nothing to do with Build; I'll see if I can get build to work once I get the latest gdc working.

Thanks for the reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: