FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Input box

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hohums

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Input box Reply with quote

I've always found the input box in VB useful. If you haven't used VB, it's basicly something like:

char [] result = inputBox("Title", "Message", defaultVal);

Then it brings up a box where you can enter a string.

(Actually I would prefer if inputboxes where part of phobos but then you need to start somewhere.)

Note that I haven't had time (or reason to use DFC), I was just browsing around and saw this.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
l8night

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean ... http://www.csidata.com/custserv/onlinehelp/VBSdocs/vbs123.htm

there is actually enough in the DFC to write this, unlike MessageBox which is part of the win32 API /common control, inputbox is part of the VB runtime.
you require a Window, and EDIT control (dfc.edit.DEdit) a STATIC control (dfc.dstatic.DStatic) and two buttons (dfc.button.DButton)
(and either an onsize layout handler, of fix the frame)

A good way to learn how soething works is to play with it why not try to write InputBox using the dfc in its current state (which is posible) and I will include it in the source tree.

the DC does lack Dialog support at present (obviously something that I need to fix fairly soon) having the code for input box as a modeless window will be easy to port to a modal dialogbox.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> L8night All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: