FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

build default options change request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jicman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: build default options change request Reply with quote

Greetings Derek!

Why isn't build's -clean option the default option instead of having to specify it? I don't like that I have to keep specifying it. Is there any way that I could set -clean to be the default? I know how to do this involving other ways, but do you have a trick that you could tell me about?

thanks and Merry Christmas, if you believe in it. ;-) Or happy holidays, if you have that also. :-)

josé
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: build default options change request Reply with quote

jicman wrote:
Greetings Derek!

Why isn't build's -clean option the default option instead of having to specify it? I don't like that I have to keep specifying it. Is there any way that I could set -clean to be the default? I know how to do this involving other ways, but do you have a trick that you could tell me about?

Sure. If you create a text file called 'build.cfg' in the same place that Build is installed in, and place into that file ...
Code:

CMDLINE=-clean           # This now a default option.

Have a look at the docs that talk about the configuration file. It has other neat uses too.
jicman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek,

you thought of everything... WOW! :-) Thanks and thanks and thanks...

josé
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: