FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Building dwt.lib

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DWT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Building dwt.lib Reply with quote

First of all to build dwt.lib build is required. It would be better, in my opinion, if build is shipped with DWT in this case, because otherwise it is starting to look like linux and all the depenency hell. Not really like it of course. It is not that hard to download a single file... Anyway this is not so important. The other thing is that dwt.lib is created in \dmd\lib. It it is not nice to force such path. In my case for exmaple dmd is not located there and it is messing with my directory tree. It is, of course, very easy to fix it but this is not the point. I believe building the libs in .\ would be better...
Shawn Liu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have adjusted the output of dwt.lib location in the most recently update.
http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dwt/downloads/win32/dwt-win32.rar
The dir structure is like this in my pc:

-rootdir(any where you like)
- import
- lib
- package

When execute 'make-dwt-lib.bat' in import dir, the dwt.lib dwtextra.lib will be generated in 'lib' dir automatically.

This is is done by set dir params in 'make-dwt-lib.bat'
Code:
-T..\lib\dwt.lib
-T..\..\..\lib\dwtextra.lib

Thanks to Derek's Build tool which handles relative path perfectly.
bobef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I see build-dwtextra.bat is not complaining that it can not import scintilla anymore, which was my case til yesterday... Nice...
Shawn Liu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobef wrote:
And I see build-dwtextra.bat is not complaining that it can not import scintilla anymore, which was my case til yesterday... Nice...

This is done by introduce the relative import path to build.exe use "-I..\..\".
The cmdline in "import/dwt/extra/make-dwtextra-lib.bat" is something like this:
Code:
build.exe all.d -T..\..\..\lib\dwtextrad.lib -Xdwt -I..\..\

This can help to compile dwtextra.lib even you have not set dwt import path in sc.ini in dmd/bin .
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DWT All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: